New FBI Agent Mack(l)in’ Up to White House

Burt+Macklin%27s+got+your+back.+
Burt Macklin's got your back.

Burt Macklin's got your back.

Ben Wachtel, Bustle

Ben Wachtel, Bustle

Burt Macklin's got your back.

Chris Pratt

Sonia Rao, Staff Writer

By now, almost everyone is aware of the events that occurred in the White House during the past couple of days.  President Trump fired FBI Director James Comey, who had just so happened to be investigating him about Russia, and who was also responsible for investigating former Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton on her email controversy.  That’s old news now.  However, what most people aren’t aware of is that America has already found the perfect replacement: Agent Burt Macklin, FBI.

Twitter exploded when actor Chris Pratt posted a tweet on May 10th, 2017, at exactly 5:37 AM.  The tweet featured a gif of the famed FBI agent breaking through a door, pulling down his shades, and leaping in the air doing a karate kick, alongside three cryptic words: “Just lemme know.”  However, the Internet didn’t need a translation to understand what he meant.  Burt Macklin, the alter ego of character Andy Dwyer on the famed comedy Parks and Recreation, is the answer to everyone’s problems.  Macklin is a character that everyone loves, so appointing him as the new FBI director wouldn’t cause a major controversy.  Plus, true Parks and Rec fans known that Burt Macklin scored a perfect score on the written portion of his police test.  Sure, he might have made a few mistakes, but that happens to everyone, even FBI directors (cough, cough).  Amidst all of the uncertainty in the media, one thing is clear- it’s time to let America’s favorite agent Burt Macklin finally follow his dreams.  

Sonia Rao, Editor-in-Chief
Sonia Rao is a senior at Green Hope High School and the editor-in-chief for The Falcon. In her free time she loves to read and play ultimate frisbee— which she does for three different teams! She hopes to find herself at UNC Chapel Hill next year, double majoring in journalism and business or journalism and...