Disney Can’t Let Frozen Go

Do you wanna build a snowman...again?

Do you wanna build a snowman...again?

Do you wanna build a snowman...again?

Sonia Rao, Staff Writer

Four years ago, a movie sensation swept across the country, melting the hearts of those young and old.  Children fell in love with the aloof ice queen Elsa, her awkward but lovable younger sister Anna, and their adorable talking snowman named Olaf.  Anna and Elsa costumes sold out during Halloween.  Songs such as “Do You Wanna Build a Snowman” played endlessly on the radio, causing major headaches to anyone over the age of five.  However, get ready for another flurry of ice castles, reindeer, and extremely catchy songs, because the popular Disney movie Frozen has a sequel: and it has a release date, too.  

The sequel to the highest grossing animated film of all time, for now tentatively titled Frozen 2, is set for a release date of November 27th, 2019.  Other highly anticipated movies that have a 2019 release date include Toy Story 4, Star Wars: Episode IX, How to Train Your Dragon 3, Captain Marvel, and Avengers 4.  Although the majority of the internet is excited about returning to the world of Arendelle for the first time in forever, some Disney fans have expressed disappointment that Frozen is getting a sequel while the movie Tangled only received a made-for-TV, 2D animated series.  

However, these people will just have to let it go, because Frozen 2 is happening, and will hopefully act as a “fixer upper” in non believer’s hearts.  For those who are wary about the quality of this new movie, just remember not to judge a book by it’s cover: because, after all, love is an open door.  And some people-and movies- are just worth melting for.

Sonia Rao, Editor-in-Chief
Sonia Rao is a senior at Green Hope High School and the editor-in-chief for The Falcon. In her free time she loves to read and play ultimate frisbee— which she does for three different teams! She hopes to find herself at UNC Chapel Hill next year, double majoring in journalism and business or journalism and...