Firmoo For You!

Firmoo.com

Audrey Compiano and Kaia Patel

What is Firmoo?

Firmoo is an affordable, online glasses company that sells stylish frames in multiple shapes and colors. In addition to their reasonable prices, they tend to have frequent promotions that knocks down the price even further. Firmoo is accessible to a wide variety of countries. They make shopping for glasses easy and affordable.

After reaching out to Firmoo, they happily agreed to sponsor this article and send a pair free of charge to both of us to review for this article. Additionally, they provided a promotional code for readers of the Falcon: http://bit.ly/FirmooBogoFalcon. We hope you choose Firmoo, too!

Shopping with Firmoo

When you first go on Firmoo’s website, there are categories at the top of the page to direct you to the style of glasses you are interested in. When scrolling through the glasses options, you will find that there are three important numbers in parentheses at the bottom right of each glasses option. The first number measures the lens width of the glasses, the second number measures the bridge width (the piece that lies on your nose), and the third measures temple length. To better understand, they have a graphic of these measurements. This graphic can be uncovered by clicking on the question mark found next to these three numbers. Once you find a pair of glasses that you like and fit properly, you will click the “select lens” option, which will bring you to a screen where you can choose whether your glasses will be prescribed or not. If you choose prescription glasses, you will have to enter your prescription, which can be give by your regular optometrist. If you chose non-prescription, this step will be skipped. After choosing your lens type needs, you will be able to make upgrades at additional charges to the lens, such as a permanently colored tint (for a regular eyeglass style to be made into sunglasses), blue-light blocking, or polarized. If your glasses are prescribed, you will have to choose a lens thickness. There is a guide that helps customers choose the best thickness for them. Shipping prices are a low standard price, and they arrive in about a week. Firmoo’s website is set up in an easy way, to make it appealing to new users.

Our thoughts

Firmoo is a great, user-friendly website. Their website is extremely easy to navigate and search for your preferred type of glasses. Even with no background optometry experience, entering your prescription on the website is simple to do because of how Firmoo lays it out. There are a lot of reviews from customers with pictures of their purchased glasses, so you can see how they would look in real life. Firmoo’s customer service is very accommodating as well. They have two policies – a thirty day return and exchange and three month warranty. Both of these policies are extremely beneficial when ordering glasses online, because sometimes they may look different in real life. In my own experience, after purchasing a pair of glasses, my clumsy self accidentally sat on them, causing the end piece that rests on your ears to snap off. All I had to do was simply email their customer service with a picture of the broken glasses and an explanation of what had happened, and Firmoo quickly sent me a replacement pair, free of charge. With their accessible website and considerate customer service, Firmoo is now my preferred option when purchasing glasses of any kind. Firmoo has been kind enough to sponsor this article, and has given all Green Hope staff and students a promotional code to purchase one pair of glasses and get a second one free: http://bit.ly/FirmooBogoFalcon.

Why you should choose Firmoo

The website has a lot of reasonably-priced options that are perfect for students and staff. Not everyone has a couple hundred dollars to fork over for name brands. As high school students that may or may not have a part time job and teachers that are underpaid, having a cheap, quality alternative is so important to know about. Additionally, not everyone may have optometry coverage in their insurance, meaning everything comes from out of pocket. Your first pair is free excluding lenses and other upgrades. There is a large variety of styles and shapes, ensuring that there is a pair you would like. Additionally, all the styles of frames come in multiple colors. They arrive to your door quickly and Firmoo is very helpful and communicative if any problems occur with the product.

Kaia Patel with her sponsored Firmoo glasses.

Audrey Compiano with her sponsored Firmoo glasses.

About the Writers
Audrey Compiano, Staff Writer

Audrey Compiano is a junior at Green Hope high school.  She was born in Iowa, but moved to North Carolina as a child.  This is her first year on The Green Hope Falcon. In her free time, Audrey likes to work out and volunteer for Key Club and National English Honor Society.  In the future, she would like to become a published author. Her favorite class at Green Hope is Creative Writing I. She applied for The Falcon because she wanted to expand her different writing styles and was interested in trying other mediums of art.  She is excited to continue exploring different kinds of writing through the newspaper.

Kaia Patel, Opinion Editor

Meet Kaia Patel. Kaia is a Junior this year. Over summer break she went to New York for
some sightseeing and time with family. She currently runs cross country for the school. When
she is not running, she is usually pretty occupied with her siblings, watching The Office, or
maybe listening to some T. Swift. Her favorite color is light green and she also loves to write for
fun, which is why she decided to join The Falcon. Kaia’s hope for this school year is to simply just
survive her junior year and also make it a good one!