Three-Peat

Chris Hall

On November 3rd, the Falcons took on Panther Creek (18-4) in the state championship game. The Falcons quickly got out to a lead and took the first set 25-15. The second set was taken by Green Hope again, 25-15. In the third set Panther Creek jumped out to an early lead, but the Falcons battled back. Ending the set strong and finishing 25-18. This made Green Hope the first ever school to win three consecutive 4A volleyball state championships. Annie Elvin and Alexis Engelbrecht combined for 20 of the teams 45 kills. Priscilla Jones had a team high 8 blocks while Mary Wasilak added 3 of her own.

After assisting on 34 of Green Hope’s 45 kills, Sydney Dowler was unanimously named the MVP in the state championship game. She became the first ever 4A athlete in all sports to win the award three years in a row. When asked about how it felt to win another championship and another MVP, Sydney said, “It felt like a dream come true. I couldn’t be more proud of the team and more thankful for the opportunity I have gotten to play with each and every one of them. They are my best friends and there’s no one I’d rather share the experience with.”

Saturday’s matchup was a repeat of the first two matchups with Panther Creek. The Falcons won 3-0. When asked about ending her high-school career on such a high note, senior captain Mary Wasilak said, “It felt amazing to go out with a bang with a team I wouldn’t trade for the world.” Green Hope has a good shot at winning another state championship next year. Grace Patrick (235 kills), Annie Elvin (217 kills), Alexis Engelbrecht (180 kills), Priscilla Jones (141 kills), and Sydney Dowler (115 kills & 862 assists) will all return for at least one more year.

Chris Hall, Staff Writer

Chris Hall is a senior and this is his first year writing for The Falcon. His favorite things to do in his freetime are play Basketball and Fortnite. His favorite subject in school is math. He has helped foster dogs and has three of his own. His favorite holiday is Thanksgiving because his family always gets together to celebrate. If Chris could go anywhere in the world he would go to Hawaii. The job that he wishes to pursue after college is a Financial Advisor. In five years Chris sees himself finishing undergrad and then off to pursue a graduate degree.