Tennis Sweeps the Caps

Kohl Abrams, Sports Writer

View this post on Instagram

🎾🔥

A post shared by Green Hope Falcons (@ghathletics) on

On Wednesday the 17th, the Green Hope Women’s Tennis Team claimed their first win of the NCHSAA State Championship.They took down a very strong Broughton team, and they didn’t have to break a sweat. Junior Katie Andreini said, “We played really hard and we came out strong in the first round. We showed everyone what we are capable of when we exhibit our team camaraderie.”

Rumor has it that the Broughton team was very “confident” coming into the match, but that quickly went away when the Falcons got off to a very quick start in the match. It started off with wins from Sophia Gray, Katie Andreini, and Reilly Major, and they ended up sweeping Broughton in 6 straight games. “We used their confidence to our advantage, and we used it to fire us up,” Katie said.

The team will play their 2nd round matchup on Tuesday the 23rd against Apex Friendship at the Cary Tennis Park. When asked about the team going forward, Andreini said “We have a lot of confidence going into the next round and closing out our first round match was a huge step in pushing us forward.”

Head out to the tennis park next Tuesday, and support your Falcons!

Kohl Abrams, Senior Staff Writer

Kohl Abrams is a senior, who is on his second year at the Falcon. He is looking forward to making a great sports section for the Falcon, and showing the whole school his work. Kohl is on the Varsity baseball team for Green Hope, and he plays travel baseball outside of school. He also works at the YMCA. He says his favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, because he can enjoy football, good food, and family time. His favorite place is the beach, and he enjoys going in the water. That being said, he doesn’t like the sand. Kohl’s favorite animal is a monkey, because they make cool sounds and they get to climb around all day. If he could only have one pet, he would have to have a monkey. He took this class again because he really enjoyed last year, and he values the relationships made in this class.