Monday Night Football Preview

PJ Fenton, Sports Writer

After Hurricane Michael led to the closing of Wake County Schools on Thursday and Friday, the highly anticipated Friday Night matchup between the Green Hope Falcons and the Jaguars of Athens Drive has been moved to Monday October 15th at Athens Drive. Green (3-3) is coming off of a huge conference win over Cary last Friday. Athens on the other hand (2-5) is coming off of a very tough loss to Jordan. Although they lost, the Jaguars showed that they can score with the best of teams, by putting up 50 points! Not often does a team put up 50 points and lose, but Jordan put up a huge 64 points. After the tough loss, I expect the Jaguars defense to bounce back and let up much fewer points. That will be a tall task going against the Falcon offense which is starting to look like what we all expected coming into the season. Willie Taylor is slinging the ball with ease and finding his top receivers Justen Grant, Tavarres Vann, Cade Rahm and Andre Messier. Michael Odette and Joshua Hulllum are providing a great duel-headed rushing attack that has gotten better every game. On defense, the Falcons are hoping to contain a high octane Jaguar offense. Senior Max McIntyre and junior Tyre Pritchett have been the leaders so far this season in tackles. A key to this game will be if the Falcon defensive line can pressure Athens and take away their passing game to slow down their scoring. To those planning on going to the game, make sure you show up early to beat the crowd and wear your favorite sports jersey to partake in the Jersey out! The game begins at 7:00 pm at Athens Drive.

PJ Fenton, Staff Writer

PJ Fenton is a senior at Green Hope High School. He also plays basketball for Green Hope, and his position is small forward. PJ was born in Massachusetts, and moved to Cary at the age of 3. He has two brothers, one of which is a senior in college and the other is in the Navy. In the future, he wants to major in business, specifically management. Eventually, he wants to become a big time entrepreneur, and open several businesses. On top of playing sports, PJ is also a member of NHS and DECA. His hobbies include playing basketball with friends at Carpenter Park.