Announcements 9/18

Welcome Back!

Daily Fun Fact: The cheetah is the only cat that cant retract its claws.

VOTE FOR SENIOR SUPERLATIVES  HERE

FALCON FORTUNES

Testing- PSAT/NMSQT REGISTRATION

Biology Olympiad: There will be an informational meeting for all student interested in participating in the Biology Olympiad on Tues. 9/18 in Rm. 3322 during “A” lunch

Career Development: Are you a junior who wants to enhance your leadership skills? Consider trying out for GHHS Youth Leadership Cary, a leadership training program sponsored by the Cary Chamber of Commerce. You can learn more about the program here: https://ghhscareerdevelopment.weebly.com/youth-leadership-cary.html. There will be an Info Session for prospective applicants on Thurs. 09/13 – A lunch, in the Auditorium. Apply for the program at this link https://tinyurl.com/GHHSYLC2018. Applications are due 09/26/18 by 3:00 PM.\

Career Development: The ASVAB (military entrance exam) will be given at GHHS on 10/17/18. 10th – 12th graders may take the exam for free. If you plan to join the military after high school you must take this exam, but taking the exam does not obligate you to join the military. Sign up in Student Services until 10/05/18. For more information, see Ms. Barone in room 2203.

Career Development: Are you thinking about a career in Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering? If so, you may want to participate in the ACE Mentor program, a multi-month mentor program in which students work in teams with professionals from the fields. To learn more, and possibly apply, visit this website: http://www.acerdu.org/enroll/. The deadline to apply is 10/31/18, but slots fill up, so apply soon! See Ms. Barone in 2203 with questions.

Career Development: Want to apply to one of the Military Service Academies for college? Sponsored by Senator Thom Tillis, a Service Academy day will be held on 09/22 at Wake Tech. On this day, students who are interested in applying to one of the military service academies (West Point, the Naval Academy, the Air Force Academy or the Coast Guard Academy), can meet with representatives from each of the academies, as well as speak with Senator Tillis’ staff regarding the nomination process. This is an excellent opportunity for students who have been thinking of a military career to apply to a top-notch college. Specifics of the event are, Date: Saturday, 09/22/18 Place: Wake Technical Community College, Southern Campus, Student Services Building L – 9101 Fayetteville Rd. Raleigh, NC

Club announcements

Science Olympiad: Make Your Smart Lunch Even Smarter. Come to visit us during Smart Lunch A at Mod 3-7 on Thursday, September 20th, 2018 for the Science Olympiad Interest Meeting. For more information, go to http://ghhsscienceolympiad.weebly.com/

Student Services: The following Colleges will be visiting Green Hope this week: Roanoke College, Butler Univ., Bates College, High Point Univ., Queens Univ. in Charlotte, Univ. of S. Carolina Columbia, Radford Univ., Wake Forest Univ., Duke Univ. Please sign up in Student Services before school, during lunch or after school if you’d like to attend one of these meetings.

Anime Club: Do you like Anime, Manga, Cosplay, and snacks? Then come to Mod 2 Room 3 for an interest meeting for the Anime Club this Thursday, September 20th. There will be homemade chocolate chip cookies! See you there!

Web Design Club: Web Design Club’s interest meeting has been rescheduled to Friday, September 21 in Room 2110 during B Lunch. Our first meeting will be on Monday, September 24. All are welcome! Sign-up for emails here: bit.ly/wdclubsignup

Ultimate Frisbee: Green Hope girls’ ultimate frisbee team is looking for girls who want to try the fun sport of ultimate frisbee! Absolutely no experience is necessary to play with us. We practice 1-2 times a week, in addition to playing in games and tournaments. Email tomcaptains@googlegroups.com if you’re interested for more information.

Carolina For The Kids: Hey Green Hope students! We are introducing a new club called Carolina For The Kids. This is an interactive service club where students work with the UNC Children’s Hospital and provide emotional and financial support to the children there. Students will be given the opportunity to work with the children in person and build leadership skills in the real world. To learn more about the club, come to the interest meeting on Tuesday, September 18th in trailer 5 during A lunch.

National Technical Honor Society (NTHS): Jrs. and Srs. – Consider joining the National Technical Honor Society! To join you must have taken 3 CTE classes in high school and have a 3.5 or better-unweighted GPA. To learn more about membership and to apply, visit this site: http://ghhsnthswebsite.wixsite.com/nths/membership. The application deadline is 09/24/18.

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA): FBLA is a nationally recognized organization that prepares students to become business leaders in society. Club members compete at many levels in diverse events. Members can earn recognition and awards for their skills! Join our remind @2c34h, follow us on twitter @GreenHopeFBLA, and email us at greenhopeFBLA@gmail.com for more information.

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/