Announcements 5/29

Daily Dad Joke

Q: Why did the man take his clock to the vet?

A: Because it had ticks!

SENIORS-

Fill out the Senior Intent Form: bit.ly/GHSeniorSurvey

AP English III Student Project: We are compiling data on the cultural assimilation of second-generation immigrant students at Green Hope. Please take the time to fill out this short survey for our project: https://goo.gl/forms/hMXdnngsWsdZcHhP2

Green Hope Food Ark: The Food Ark needs more volunteers! Join us on May 30th to learn more about fighting food insecurity in NC and help us maintain our garden!

Creative Writing II Class: A new issue of the Inkblot has been released and is available for reading online. You can find The Inkblot under the Student Life tab on the Falcon News Feed.

All Clubs: The list of existing clubs and advisors here at GHHS is up and active.

Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA): Are you interested in competitions? Ready to show off your business, marketing, finance, presentation, computer and other skills? Trying to add “something special” to your resume, or just trying to make some amazing memories in high school? Well, GHHS Future Business Leadership of America (FBLA) is what you’re looking for! There is an FBLA interest meeting on

wednesday (5/23), second half of lunch in room 2322 (Ms.Rael’s room). There will also be applications available for students interested in certain leadership positions. Join us with remind @2c34h. See you all there! In case you cannot make it to the meeting, interested members can sign up by filling out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/GylLoleet9Nv1kHs2

Spanish Club: Spanish Club is meeting Tuesday, May 10 in Mod 1 Room 4 to watch the movie CoCo. Come join and watch a fun cultural movie with free popcorn.

History and Geography Club: History and Geography Club meets every Friday BOTH HALVES of Lunch in Mod 2-1. Our website is: http://ghhshistorygeography.weebly.com If you have any questions, contact: Rohan Rajesh rrajesh@students.wcpss.net Kevin Liu kxliu@students.wcpss.net

GHHS Microsoft Office Specialist Club: Hi all! GHHS MOS Club meets every other Friday second half of lunch in room 2322 to certify (test taken to recognize oneself as a pro in an application), to compete in a worldwide well-known competition where winners can potentially win $10,000, and to share tips and tricks about Microsoft applications 🙂 There are many benefits that come with this club. This club provides practice for the competition on every Wednesdays and Fridays both halves of lunch in room 2322. Feel free to drop by anytime to know more or join the club! No prior knowledge is required 🙂 Contact us at ghhsmos@gmail.com if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you all there!!

Speech and Debate Club: Speech and Debate Club meetings on Tuesdays every week, the second half of lunch, RM 3306 http://www.ghhsspeechandebate.weebly.com/

Green Hope Food Ark: Missed the interest meeting? Fill out this form if you are interested in joining our efforts to end food insecurity! https://goo.gl/forms/NETCSWZfkaPV5faP2

Stock Brokers Club: Do you want to learn how to trade? Interested in a career on Wall Street? Come to the Stock Brokers Club to learn how to properly invest and make a profit. We meet every Friday first half of lunch in room Mr. Bauld’s Room (2306). No prior knowledge is required. For more information contact 919-434-5585 or msfarrington@students.wcpss.net

GH DREAM: The GH DREAM club seeks to help refugees who come to our community by gathering donations and raising awareness about their issues. Join us on Tuesdays during the first half of lunch in Mrs. Yamauchi’s classroom–Mod 4, Rm 6.

Green Hope Girls Ultimate Frisbee: Interested in learning or playing the sport of Ultimate? The Green Hope Girls’ team, sanctioned by Triangle/USA Ultimate, meets 3x a week, with fall/spring tournaments and a spring league as well. All (including beginners) are welcome! Joining our team is a fun form of exercise and a great way to make friends and meet a whole new community of people. For more information, please email soniarao2001@gmail.com.

Environmental Club: Come to Environmental Club meetings every Thursday from 2:30-3:15 in room 316! Everyone can attend. You can receive APES hours for attending meetings.

Badminton Club: Badminton Club will hold candidate speeches and voting during all of lunch in Diorio’s classroom (3218) on Wed. May 30th, so please plan on attending to vote for next year’s officer positions. Winners will be announced at the Badminton Club meeting on Fri. June 1st before school in the auxiliary gym. Bring racquets and shuttles on Friday, too!

The History and Geography Club meets every Friday, Mod 2-1, B Lunch

Upperclassman Information

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/

School Counselor: Attention seniors: The scholarship newsletter is now posted on the Student Services webpage under “Resources”. The newsletter will be updated with new scholarships on a regular basis. Please be sure to stay updated and remember to submit scholarships by the posted deadline.

ATTN: Juniors and Seniors
In order to attend a college visit, students MUST sign up for Student Services and get a pass by 7:25 am for morning visits and by 11:18 for afternoon visits.  These meetings are for Students Only

To get reminders, complete one of the following: •Text @9k3ce to the number 81010 •Or via internet: go to rmd.at/9k3ce •Or on your phone’s web browser type in rmd.at/9k3ce