The Avengers Keep the Box Office

Alex Price, Staff Writer

For the third week in a row, Avengers: Infinity War was #1 in the box office with $62 million, making a total of over $500 million domestically, becoming the second fastest to make it there. The only movie who did it faster was Star Wars: The Force Awakens in 2015. Second and third place last weekend was taken by two debuting movies, Life of the Party and Breaking In, making $17.8 million and $17.6 million respectively. Rounding off the top five were Overboard and A Quiet Place.

Compared to the weekend last year, this year saw a $3 million increase over last year. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 saw a 55% decrease from its first week. It also saw the debut of movies that weren’t remembered particularly well. Snatched, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, Lowriders, and The Wall all debuted. All of those movies combined made less on the weekend than Guardians of the Galaxy which made $65 million.

There are three new movies releasing this weekend. Book Club is a comedy about four elderly friends reading 50 Shades of Grey together in a book club. It stars Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen, and Mary Steenburgen. Show Dogs is a family comedy about a police dog going undercover in a dog show. It stars Will Arnett and Stanley Tucci. Deadpool 2 is an action comedy about a mutant forming a team to stop a time-traveler named Cable. It stars Ryan Reynolds and Josh Brolin.

Alex Price, Staff Writer
Alex is a sophomore an is new to the Falcon News Feed. He enjoys playing video games and other normal things like that. He also enjoys sleeping and eating, but he likes eating pizza more than other foods.