GH Baseball’s New Playoff Tradition

Back to Article
Back to Article

GH Baseball’s New Playoff Tradition

Kohl Abrams and Joseph Nunn

Kohl Abrams and Joseph Nunn

Brandon Morton

Kohl Abrams and Joseph Nunn

Brandon Morton

Brandon Morton

Kohl Abrams and Joseph Nunn

Many schools, many sports, and many rituals, this is the playoffs. The Men’s Soccer team has been known for mohawks. Other schools playoff rituals include cornrows, dyed hair, and shaving of heads. This year, the Green Hope Baseball team has taken a bold path, dying all of their hair blonde. This might be the start of a long line of baseball traditions for years to come at Green Hope.

The idea for this season was originated by Jordyn Adams and Joseph Nunn. With many of the baseball players getting this hair dye done at home, there is a wide variety of shades and styles. Junior Kohl Abrams has more of a strawberry blonde tint, while senior Joey Hegeman has taken more of the bleached, white path. Senior Jordyn Adams has gone for the orange tips look, similar to Odell Beckham Jr., the star wide receiver for the New York Giants. Freshman Payton Green went with blonde highlights throughout his hair, a bold statement for the young freshman. Senior PJ Heintz, UNC Asheville Signee, decided to go with a serious power move, bleaching just his full grown beard blonde.

Members of the team who opted out of this tradition are Kevin Pitarra, Liam McHale, Connor Knapp, and Jake Tomey. These few will stand out like a sore thumb throughout the playoffs. Sources close to the team have said that Head Coach Mike Miragliuolo has denied a request to hop in on this new trend, electing to keep his natural hair. Manager Mike Rowe has made a deal to the team to dye his hair if the team makes it to the State Semi-Final, a bold statement from the senior.

The team begins their run for the NCHSAA Title Friday night at 6:30 against either Fuquay-Varina or Southview. The Falcons will have to take out some tough competition on their run to the title, including beating Holly Springs and Ashley High School. Make sure to come out and cheer on your Falcons!s

About the Contributors
Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun,...

Kohl Abrams, Senior Staff Writer

Kohl Abrams is a senior, who is on his second year at the Falcon. He is looking forward to making a great sports section for the Falcon, and showing the...