PJ Heintz Commitment

PJ Heintz at bat versus Jordan High.

PJ Heintz at bat versus Jordan High.

Ryan Monroe

Ryan Monroe

PJ Heintz at bat versus Jordan High.

Kohl Abrams, Sports Writer

PJ Heintz in a senior on the varsity baseball team. This is Heintz first year on the team, as he just moved to North Carolina before this school year. PJ won the starting catching job, and has contributed to the team with both his glove and his bat. PJ is one of the smartest players on the team, and his teammates have started to to call him “the dentist.” Recently PJ committed to play division 1 baseball at UNC-Asheville. PJ is going to get a chance to play early for the bulldogs, as they are in need of new catcher.

1. When did you begin playing Baseball? “When I was 5 I played t-ball at countryside little league Florida”
  2. What inspired you or pushed you to pursue baseball at the collegiate level? “The game did. I want to play competitively as long as possible and I love playing it and being around it and the collegiate level is the next step.”
  3. What schools were you considering before your commitment? “UMBC and Highpoint.”
  4. What stands out about UNC-Asheville for you? “I really connected with the coaching staff and they have the exact major I was looking for”
  5. Who is the most impactful person you have ever had in your sports life? “My dad. He played professional golf for a long time and he taught me a lot about how to cary myself and how to compete at a high level.”
  6. Do you know what you want to major in? “Heath and wellness”
  7. What are your plans/goals after college? “To play baseball as long as possible and if that ends after college to be a physical therapist.”

Kohl Abrams, Staff Writer
Kohl is a junior on the Falcon News Feed team. He moved to North Carolina from New Hampshire when he was 6. He is on the the Green Hope baseball team and plays travel ball for the Evoshield Canes. He recently committed to play baseball at UNC-Wilmington. He lives with his parents and his dog...