Sean Petersen Commitment

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Sean Petersen is a senior runner for the Green Hope Track and Field team. Petersen was also a part of the Men’s Soccer Team this past fall where they went to the Elite Eight of the state playoffs. Sean Petersen has had a plentitude of accomplishments on the track through his four year career at Green Hope. He has won one team state championship, along with four more in relays. The senior was also third in the state for the 1000m run this past indoor season. Sean is a two time All-American in the 4×800 relay. Petersen has decided to continue his athletic and academic career in Columbia at the University of South Carolina.

1. When did you begin playing the sport that you committed to? “I began running my freshman year during cross country season.”
  2. What inspired you or pushed you to pursue a sport at the collegiate level? “The benefits and perks of being a collegiate athlete seemed really cool.”
  3. What schools were you considering before your commitment? “Mostly just UNCC and NC State.”
  4. What separated (South Carolina) from the others? “I knew I wanted to go to a bigger school and the team there seemed really cool and something I wanted to be apart of.”
  5. Who is the most impactful person you have ever had in your sports life? “Craig Engels because he showed me how to live life while still being responsible. His haircut inspired mine this past fall.”
  6. Do you know what you want to major in? “Finance and Banking.”
  7. What are your plans/goals after college? “Manage funds for a company.”

Brandon Morton, Staff Writer
Brandon Morton is a first time writer this year for Falcon News Feed. He believes that he is a semi-professional water polo player. His favorite hobby outside of sports is to take long walks on the beach with his dog in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Brandon’s favorite dish is grilled ham and cheese...