Sean Petersen Commitment

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Sean Petersen is a senior runner for the Green Hope Track and Field team. Petersen was also a part of the Men’s Soccer Team this past fall where they went to the Elite Eight of the state playoffs. Sean Petersen has had a plentitude of accomplishments on the track through his four year career at Green Hope. He has won one team state championship, along with four more in relays. The senior was also third in the state for the 1000m run this past indoor season. Sean is a two time All-American in the 4×800 relay. Petersen has decided to continue his athletic and academic career in Columbia at the University of South Carolina.

1. When did you begin playing the sport that you committed to? “I began running my freshman year during cross country season.”
  2. What inspired you or pushed you to pursue a sport at the collegiate level? “The benefits and perks of being a collegiate athlete seemed really cool.”
  3. What schools were you considering before your commitment? “Mostly just UNCC and NC State.”
  4. What separated (South Carolina) from the others? “I knew I wanted to go to a bigger school and the team there seemed really cool and something I wanted to be apart of.”
  5. Who is the most impactful person you have ever had in your sports life? “Craig Engels because he showed me how to live life while still being responsible. His haircut inspired mine this past fall.”
  6. Do you know what you want to major in? “Finance and Banking.”
  7. What are your plans/goals after college? “Manage funds for a company.”

Brandon Morton, Sports Editor

Brandon Morton is a senior at GHHS, working as part of The GH Falcon for his second year now. Seeing that he took it last year and found the class fun, he’s come to take it again. This year he’s looking forward to being the chicken mini mile champion for the second time. “I don’t think anyone in this class can compete this year and I think it’s an easy year. I’ve been working on my quick eating skills.” Outside of school, he runs Varsity XC and Indoor/Outdoor track. His favorite subject is math- he’s a big fan of calculus. His favorite animal is his dog Millie, whom he calls a “goober.” The Fourth of July is his favorite holiday where he gets to spend the day out and really show how patriotic he is. His favorite place in the world is Camp Cheerio, where he spent the summer. His dad inspires him the most, “he works really hard and tries to do the best for my family.”