Cats, Coffee, Cake, Oh My…

Ideliya Khismatova, Staff Writer

Do you love cats? What about delicious drinks? Then there’s some exciting news – a cat cafe is coming to our area in downtown Raleigh!

If you’re not familiar with this concept, a cat cafe is essentially half coffee shop and half lounge, with cats roaming around in the lounge area. You can order your drink in the coffee shop area, and then go chill out with the cats in the lounge, which is made up of relaxed seating.

The great thing about the cat cafe is that the cats are adoptable! Not only are the cats benefiting us humans with their cuteness, but the cafe is also helping cats who are looking to find a home, and pair them with their future family.

The cafe coming to Raleigh, known as Purr Cup Cafe, states that their cafe area will be open to anyone at any time, but the cat lounge will have limited space and will require a small reservation fee.

Purr Cup Cafe will bring the cats in from Meow House Cat Rescue, and they will be roaming around waiting to be played and cuddled with.

The cafe is planning on opening in downtown Raleigh as soon as possible, but they said that they are hoping it will be in the spring of 2018, so make sure to keep an eye out!

Ideliya Khismatova, Student Life Editor
Ideliya Khismatova is a senior writer who is in her second year of falcon news feed. She has one younger brother, one hamster, and enjoys to run during her free time. In the future, she wants to major in environmental science. Her spirit animal is a pelican because they’re majestic and they can fly. This...