Crossroads Ford is Expanding to Apex

Ben Carawan, News Editor

Large car dealership Crossroads Ford in Cary is expanding yet again as they annex the location near the intersection of US Highway 64 and North Salem Street in Apex (the southwest quadrant of the intersection) and are building a new location. The massive dealership and service station will be constructed and is expected to open in about a year. The original plans were submitted April 3rd, 2017 and have been approved; the property is now under construction.

Crossroads Ford has been attempting to place a dealership near the Hwy. 64/North Salem Street intersection for a few years now, and each time, the plans were denied by the Town of Apex. Finally, last year, the plans were approved and more development on the land is expected.

The site plans of the new Crossroads Ford Dealership in Apex near NC Highway 64

Crossroads Holdings, LLC’s new location will cover almost 22 acres and will be one building with two stories and more than 167,000 square feet. The construction is currently expected to take 8-12 months but could vary due to unexpected roadblocks. The dealership and service station will have about 80 car bays with 876 total spaces, including parking spaces and inventory spaces. Due to traffic concerns, Crossroads Holdings will be placing a stoplight on the property. Based on development plans, there are two options for a named road on the property. One of the potential road names is Westland Drive, and the other one – more creatively named – is All Wheel Drive.

This is what the new Crossroads Ford Apex location may look like

Construction is taking place right now, and the dealership will be built in the following months. This major construction project will likely cause lots of controversies, as it has in the past, regarding traffic, noise, and neighbors of the property. The existing Crossroads Ford dealership in Cary is located at 2333 Walnut Street.

Ben Carawan, News Editor
This Ben’s second year as a member of the Falcon News Feed. He is a member of an ever-decreasing population of people who have of lived in Cary their whole lives. Ben uses his native Cary skills to primarily cover local news and student life. In his free time, Ben likes driving, but is awful...