Announcements: 3/6

APPLY TO JOIN FALCON NEWS FEED (Honors Leadership in Media)

Be a part of the team.

Daily Dad Joke
Q: When does a joke become a dad joke?

A: When the punch line becomes apparent.

Media Center: Tell us what you think! Take the GHHS Library Student Survey and help us improve the Media Center.

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s Student of the Year Program: My name is Pauline Etchi, and my partner, Isabelle Raad, and I are part of the Green Hope High School’s Legacy Team in the Triangle Students of the Year Program. This program is based on high school students in the Triangle area competing for the title of ‘Student of the Year’, which is brought by raising funds for blood cancer research. This competition is one that funds an amazing cause, one that is responsible for bringing children, like Adyson and Edward, home, happy and healthy. It is an amazing journey to be a part of, and I hope we will be able to reach our goal with the help of you all. All donations are greatly appreciated and are tax deductible. They’ll not only support LLS-funded research but will help provide critical information and support for patients, and support advocacy for laws to ensure patients can access the care and treatments they need. Through the link, help us grow closer to a cure, and remember, every penny counts, no matter the amount. Please spread the word and support this incredible cause. Thank you! If you have any questions about the cause, please contact me via email at! :))

Green Hope Food Ark: Panther Creek Food Ark will be hosting a Fruit by the Loop 5k on March 24th. It’s modeled similarly to the Krispy Kreme challenge, except in this case the runners consume fruit. Proceeds benefit the interfaith food shuttle. It costs $10 per runner, and you get a free shirt! Register on the link found on the flyer:

Career Conversation – Cyber Security On Tuesday, March 6th during A lunch in the Auditorium students are invited to attend a Career Conversation on Cyber Security with an Information Security Engineer. Students can learn more about a career in cybersecurity as well as the steps that high school students can take to prepare themselves for this rewarding career.

Visual Arts classes: We need your old, tattered, or too small T-shirts. We are creating a falcon, so we will need your GH colors to add to our bird. Please bring them to Room #302.

National Technical Honor Society: Members of NTHS: We have a meeting on Monday, March 5th, during the 1st half of lunch in the Auditorium. See you there!

All Clubs: The list of existing clubs and advisors here at GHHS is up and active.

History and Geography Club: History and Geography Club meets every Friday BOTH HALVES of Lunch in Mod 2-1. Our website is: If you have any questions, contact: Rohan Rajesh Kevin Liu

Mock Trial: The Green Hope Mock Trial Club will be hosting a Spring Mock Trial Event. Anyone that is interested in law-based activities or public speaking is encouraged to participate regardless of experience. No prior experience or membership with the Mock Trial Club is required to participate in the competition. If you’re interested in Spring Mock Trial, we will be holding an interest meeting on March 14th in room 3308 during both halves of lunch. If you have any questions then feel free to contact Danielle Lucido at We hope to see you there!

Badminton Club: Badminton Club will be meeting to practice in the auxiliary gym this Friday 2/23 from 6:30-7:15am before school.

GHHS Microsoft Office Specialist Club: Hi all! GHHS MOS Club meets every other Friday second half of lunch in room 2322 to certify (test taken to recognize oneself as a pro in an application), to compete in a worldwide well-known competition where winners can potentially win $10,000, and to share tips and tricks about Microsoft applications 🙂 There are many benefits that come with this club. This club provides practice for the competition on every Wednesdays and Fridays both halves of lunch in room 2322. Feel free to drop by anytime to know more or join the club! No prior knowledge is required 🙂 Contact us at if you have any questions or concerns. Hope to see you all there!!

National Honor Society: National Honor Society has an interest meeting TOMORROW (2/23) during the first half of lunch in the auditorium! This meeting is for sophomores and juniors interested in applying for NHS.

Speech and Debate Club: Speech and Debate Club meetings on Tuesdays every week, second half of lunch, RM 3306

Spanish Club: Come to Mod 1 Room 6 on March 6, Tuesday. We will be watching the Disney movie Coco with FREE popcorn. Come and enjoy a movie with Spanish Club.

Green Hope Food Ark: Missed the interest meeting? Fill out this form if you are interested in joining our efforts to end food insecurity!

Stock Brokers Club: Do you want to learn how to trade? Interested in a career on Wall Street? Come to the Stock Brokers Club to learn how to properly invest and make a profit. We meet every Friday first half of lunch in room Mr. Bauld’s Room (2306). No prior knowledge is required. For more information contact 919-434-5585 or

GH DREAM: The GH DREAM club seeks to help refugees who come to our community by gathering donations and raising awareness about their issues. Join us on Tuesdays during the first half of lunch in Mrs. Yamauchi’s classroom–Mod 4, Rm 6.

Green Hope Girls Ultimate Frisbee: Interested in learning or playing the sport of Ultimate? The Green Hope Girls’ team, sanctioned by Triangle/USA Ultimate, meets 3x a week, with fall/spring tournaments and a spring league as well. All (including beginners) are welcome! Joining our team is a fun form of exercise and a great way to make friends and meet a whole new community of people. For more information, please email

Environmental Club: Come to Environmental Club meetings every Thursday from 2:30-3:15 in room 316! Everyone can attend. You can receive APES hours for attending meetings.

The History and Geography Club meets every Friday, Mod 2-1, B Lunch

Upperclassman Information

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at

School Counselor: Attention seniors: The scholarship newsletter is now posted on the Student Services webpage under “Resources”. The newsletter will be updated with new scholarships on a regular basis. Please be sure to stay updated and remember to submit scholarships by the posted deadline.

ATTN: Juniors and Seniors
In order to attend a college visit, students MUST sign up for Student Services and get a pass by 7:25 am for morning visits and by 11:18 for afternoon visits.  These meetings are for Students Only.

William Peace University will be here to meet with interested students on March 6 at 1 pm.