Green Hope Weekly Wrap-up 2/5-2/11

Back to Article
Back to Article

Green Hope Weekly Wrap-up 2/5-2/11

Men’s Basketball:

Green Hope handled Jordan on Tuesday, winning 62-52.  The Falcons started off the game on a 21-9 run and never looked back.  Ryan Shaffer led the way for Green Hope, dropping 16 points and grabbing 12 boards.  PJ Fenton, also, had a double-double in the win.  On Friday, Green Hope lost their first conference game of the season to Panther Creek.  Shaffer scored 22 points in the loss and became the the third player in Green Hope history to score 1000 points in their high school career.  The Falcons enter the Tri-6 tournament in first place in the conference.

The Week Ahead:

Thursday @ 6:00 at Riverside

Women’s Basketball:

The women’s basketball team fell to Jordan last Tuesday.  The team was led by Sammi Sever, who scored 11 points in the loss.  She also grabbed 8 rebounds.  Green Hope responded by crushing Panther Creek on Senior Night.  The win on Friday moved the Falcons to 20-4 on the year and clinched them a share of the regular season conference championship.

The Week Ahead:

Wednesday @ 6:00 at Riverside

Swim & Dive:

The Green Hope men’s Swim & Dive team won the State Championship this weekend.  The team went on a dominating postseason, where they handled their opponents in the conference, regional, and now state championships.  Connor Dalbo finished second in the 100m Breast Stroke.  John Healy took third in the 100m Backstroke.  Healy, Dalbo, Jesse Ssengonzi, and Michael Ivy won the 200m medley relay.

Indoor Track:

The Green Hope men’s Indoor Track team won the State Championship this weekend.  The championship marked the second State Championship for Green Hope runners, as they won the Cross Country State Championship in the Fall.  Ian Delgado, Sean Petersen, Matthew Kehn, and Mike Biddle won the 4×800 relay with a time of 8:06.97.  Finn McBride won the 1600, running a 4:20.09.  Delgado won the 1000m, with Petersen and Kehn finishing 3rd and 4th, respectively.  Peyton Barish won the 3200m and Ryan Kemper came in second.

About the Contributor
Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire...