Migos new album: Culture II, breaks records

Bilal Azzam, Staff Writer

In 2017, hip-hop fans fell in love with Migos’ new album: Culture. The album included hit songs such as “T-Shirt” and “Bad and Boujee”. Culture was ranked third in top 20 best albums of 2017, and people fell in love with the catchy tunes and words created by Quavo, Takeoff, and Offset. Finally, after almost a year of waiting, Culture II was released.

The official day of release was January 26th,  2018. The trio collaborated with many of rap music’s most popular names, such as Drake, Travis Scott, Big Sean, and Post Malone. The album is considered to be very long with 24 songs lasting with an hour and 45 minutes worth of listening time. The quality of the album has yet again proven that Migos are still on top.

Despite having many catchy and fresh songs, it may seem as if a few of the songs get a little repetitive. Some of the top songs on the album include Narcos, Walk It Talk It (ft. Drake), BBO (ft. 21 Savage), etc. Many believe that the reason why Migos’ songs are so catchy is the fact that there are always three people rapping in each song, making it different than any other song. Migos released three songs of the albums a few months before the official release in order to get the crowd excited. They released the song Motorsport (ft. Nicki Minaj, Cardi B), Stir Fry, and Supastars. The biggest of those hits was Stir Fry, and it was so popular that it was performed on Jimmy Fallon’s show.

Although some of the songs may get a bit repetitive, many of the songs were “bangers” and they exceeded the expectations of many. Their collaborations with Drake, Post Malone, and other big-time rappers has increased their popularity. It seems that the trio still remains on top for another year.

• Migos new album: Culture II, breaks records

Another Day, Another School Shooting

Hammocks Beach – A Reason To Preserve the Environment

Bringing Conservatism to Green Hope

Wake County Travel Restrictions

Don’t Stress About Junior Year