Daniel Vo Commitment

Daniel Vo is a Senior track runner and three-time state champion for the Falcons. He has been running for Green Hope since his Freshman year, participating in cross country and both track & field seasons. Vo is also a standout in the classroom, taking six AP classes throughout his high school career. D Vo is also a member of the Falcon News Feed staff, credited for editing the You Can Play and boxes videos. Vo has decided to take his academic and athletic career to the University of North Carolina – Charlotte where he will run both track and cross country.

1. When did you begin playing the sport that you committed to? “I began running track in eighth grade at Salem Middle.”
  2. What inspired you or pushed you to pursue a sport at the collegiate level? “My mom was key because she knew I had the talent to run in college so she pushed me to be better.”
  3. What schools were you considering before your commitment? “UNCC, App State, and ECU.”
  4. What separated (UNCC) from the others? “They had a really nice campus and their coach showed a lot of interest in me coming to school there.”
  5. Did sports prevent you from doing anything you would have done if you had not been occupied with sports? “No, not really. I had good time management so it was not an issue.”
  6. Who is the most impactful person you have ever had in your sports life? “My coach Jason Bochert (Young Jason) really helped me excel in shaping who I am today.”
  7. Do you know what you want to major in? “Engineering.”

About the Writers
Brandon Morton, Staff Writer
Brandon Morton is a first time writer this year for Falcon News Feed. He believes that he is a semi-professional water polo player. His favorite hobby outside of sports is to take long walks on the beach with his dog in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Brandon’s favorite dish is grilled ham and cheese...
Kohl Abrams, Staff Writer
Kohl is a junior on the Falcon News Feed team. He moved to North Carolina from New Hampshire when he was 6. He is on the the Green Hope baseball team and plays travel ball for the Evoshield Canes. He recently committed to play baseball at UNC-Wilmington. He lives with his parents and his dog...