End of an Era

Ashley Davidson

Ashley Davidson

Kohl Abrams, Sports Writer

Last Friday, the Green Hope football team took on Garner in the third round of the NHSAA state championship tournament. They ended up falling 56-39 in a hard fought battle. Garner is moving on to the fourth round to play Wake Forest.

Green Hope came out hot, with touchdowns from both Blake Watson and Quel Watkins, they found themselves with an early 14-0 lead. After trading scores, midway through the 2nd quarter, the Falcons maintained a 21-7 lead. Garner then put up 14 unanswered points to tie the game, and gave the ball back to the Falcons with less than a minute left. After driving down the field, Willie Taylor hit Sohum Singh in the corner of the endzone to take the halftime lead, 27-21

The second half was a different story for the Falcons. They came out dry, and Garner came out quite the opposite. They scored 14 in a row, and took their first lead of the game 35-27. From there, the Trojans never looked back, not losing the lead for the rest of the game. The final score was 56-39.

The boys had an incredible season with numerous players being selected to the all-conference team : Jordyn Adams, Blake Watson, Willie Taylor, Quel Watkins, Bo Ressler, Nick Vivona, Paul Robinson, Andrew Becvar, Monte Williams, Chuck Hills and Aiden Callahan. Ethan Melton and Colin Nagel both made honorable mention.

The seniors will surely be missed, but the team will come back strong next year and look to make yet another playoff run.

Kohl Abrams, Senior Staff Writer

Kohl Abrams is a senior, who is on his second year at the Falcon. He is looking forward to making a great sports section for the Falcon, and showing the whole school his work. Kohl is on the Varsity baseball team for Green Hope, and he plays travel baseball outside of school. He also works at the YMCA. He says his favorite holiday is Thanksgiving, because he can enjoy football, good food, and family time. His favorite place is the beach, and he enjoys going in the water. That being said, he doesn’t like the sand. Kohl’s favorite animal is a monkey, because they make cool sounds and they get to climb around all day. If he could only have one pet, he would have to have a monkey. He took this class again because he really enjoyed last year, and he values the relationships made in this class.