Does the Christmas Season Start Too Soon?

Does Christmas Come too soon?

Does Christmas Come too soon?

© Nevit Dilmen [CC BY-SA 3.0 (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0) or GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html)], via Wikimedia Commons

Does Christmas Come too soon?

Alex Price, Staff Writer

For many, the end of the year is the best time of the year. People love going from Halloween to Thanksgiving to Christmas, and they love the holiday spirit that comes with these transitions. However, some people think that Christmas starts too early. It seems like every year, radio stations start playing the music sooner. Toy stores start their Christmas push sooner. Decorations are put up more quickly. Some people love this, but others think that the Christmas season shouldn’t start until after Thanksgiving. Starting the Christmas season before Thanksgiving is not only fine, but also good for business.

For any company that sells products, Christmas is the most important time of the year. Christmas is the best time for companies to make money, and companies are going to do what they can to make the most money possible. In 2017, that means selling products as early as possible. For radio stations, that means playing Christmas music before any other stations. If the Christmas season didn’t start until after Thanksgiving, people are losing money when they could be making more. Companies can only start selling Christmas things when people are willing to buy them, and most people are ready for Christmas whenever it’s available to them. This is because all companies always have the ultimate goal to make money,  and they will do anything they can to make the most amount of money during the most profitable time of the year. That used to mean putting a lot of time and money into advertising. Now, that means allowing people to spend their money as early as possible.

There are some people who think that the Christmas season shouldn’t start so early. One of those people is Green Hope sophomore Charvi Pande, who said, “Christmas shouldn’t be starting this early. Thanksgiving comes first.” There are a lot of people that believe this, but as I stated earlier, people ultimately have control over when the Christmas season starts. This trend is going to continue because Christmas is the most profitable time of the year and it is going to get even more profitable year after year.

Alex Price, Staff Writer

Jacob is a junior at Green Hope. He wrestles for both Green Hope and Wolfpack Wrestling Club, and is an avid Fortnite player. Jacob enjoys movies, and said if he was stuck on a stranded island, he would wish to have all six seasons of the show “Lost” with him. Jacob would like to be an actor when he grows up (if success is guaranteed), because actors are able to experience many different roles, positions, cultures, and travel to many different places. His favorite food is Papa John’s pepperoni pizza, and his favorite holiday is Christmas. If he were dared to dye his hair an unnatural color, Jacob would choose hot pink, but he believes the color that best describes him is green. When asked what three words describe him, Jacob chose “Really cool person.”