Falcons Fly into States

GHXC flies into the state meet

GHXC flies into the state meet

Colin Fegeley

Colin Fegeley

GHXC flies into the state meet

Brandon Morton, Sports Writer

Saturday Morning, the Green Hope men’s cross country team placed first at the NCHSAA Mid-East Regionals. The team was led by senior Peyton Barish who won the race, running a time of 15:28. He was the first individual to win the regional race in Green Hope history. The rest of the boys ran a great race as well, the team finished with a score of 22, the lowest total ran at the regional since 1996.

The race went out very slow, the lead pack came through the first mile at a time of 4:55, on a very fast WakeMed course. This pack included Peyton Barish, Ryan Kemper, Daniel Vo, and Finn McBride. There was a massive pack until the 3000m mark of the race, where Barish and McBride laid down the hammer. Barish pulled away with about 1200 meters to go, but McBride ran the fastest time of his career to help the Falcons go 1-2. The whole team ran an unbelievable race. Ares Epps ran a time of 15:40, placing fourth. Ryan Kemper ran a time of 15:43, finishing 7th. Reed Blackman ran a time of 15:49, finishing 8th. Daniel Vo ran a time of 15:53, placing 12th. Thomas Vo ran a time of 16:09, finishing 18th. Their 1-5 average was an outstanding 15:39, a new school record.  The Falcons have begun to prove themselves this season and are hoping to keep this trend going Saturday in Kernersville. Senior Daniel Vo said, “I think the team has been running well recently and I think we have a good shot going into states.”

The team advanced to the NCHSAA 4A State Championship this Saturday at Ivey Redmon Park in Kernersville. They are going to look for redemption after a heartbreaking loss to Broughton last year. Make sure to cheer on the boys!

• Falcons Fly into States

Falcons Cross Country Crushes Records

• Falcons Fly into States

Catherine ‘The Spark’ Holbrook

• Falcons Fly into States

Cross Country Stumbles at Oatlands

• Falcons Fly into States

A (Satirical, Yet Serious) Letter To The Men’s XC Team

• Falcons Fly into States

Baseball

Falcons Finish Fight for 55

Falcons Fly into States