Fun Fall Events

Coral Aman, Staff Writer

Fall is finally here! After a long, hot summer, the weather is finally starting to cool off. The leaves are falling, and the season of pumpkin spice, sweaters, corn mazes, and Halloween has arrived. Fall only comes once a year, so we need to enjoy it before it’s gone. Here are some fun fall activities you do not want to miss!

Philips Fear Farm

Get ready to be scared! The Haunted farm at Phillips farm opened last weekend. This farm is located in Cary, and the Fear Farm is open every Friday and Saturday night from 8pm-11pm. The Fear Farm features two haunted houses, a haunted corn maze, and a haunted hayride. These events have bright lights, startling sounds, and real life actors. Admission costs $20 per person. The haunted farm is only open until the last weekend in October, so don’t miss your chance!

The N.C. State Fair

The N.C State Fair opens in less than two weeks on Thursday, October 12th! This day will mark the 350th anniversary of the fair kickoff. The fair will feature several new rides this year such as the Air Raid and the F5. There are more new food options this year: bacon mac & cheese, cheerwine funnel cake, deep fried chocolate pie, strawberry and nutella hand pie, and wicked waffle witch sliders. Additional food vendors will also be making an appearance this year: Old North State Kitchen, Tropical Delights, Chick-N-Que, and Beaver Concessions. This year the fair is offering several ways to get tickets at reduced prices. On October 12th, admission to the fair will only cost $1.50. The fair will also give out 150 free ride passes that day. One October 13th, the fair will offer $5.00 admission to any student with their student I.D. or recent report card. Until October 12, discounted prices are being offered online. Unlimited ride wristbands are available for $25 and 18 ride tickets can be purchases for $10.

Carving Pumpkins

Carving pumpkins is a favorite fall tradition shared by many. Upchurch Farm, Green Acres Farm, and DJ’s Berry Patch are all located in Cary and are some of the top places to purchase pumpkins this season.

http://upchurch.farm/

http://www.greenacrescary.com/

http://www.djsberrypatch.com/

Carolina Balloonfest

The annual Carolina Balloonfest will occur October 20-22 in Statesville, N.C. This year will mark the 44th anniversary of this festival. The festival will feature fifty unique and colorful hot air balloons. Those who attend this event will have the opportunity to watch the launch of these hot air balloons, go on a balloon ride, and attend the “Saturday night balloon glowThere will also be food and entertainment.

• Fun Fall Events

Diwali Festival Celebrates Light

• STUDENT LIFE

Post-Homecoming Thoughts

• Fun Fall Events

Is Trump Still in the WWE? He Sure Thinks So

• Fun Fall Events

The Electoral College is Essential

• Fun Fall Events

New Google Products 2017

Fun Fall Events