Tropical Storm Nate

NOAA.gov

NOAA.gov

Ben Carawan, News Section Editor

After many tropical storms and hurricanes this season, there is another one on the way. Tropical Storm Nate has formed off the northern coast of Honduras with maximum sustained winds of 45 miles per hour. Nate poses a possible threat to the United States. Forecasts from the National Hurricane Center show that the storm could become a hurricane and is expected to travel north and affect areas of Louisiana, Alabama, and even part of Mississippi. While this is not the confirmed path it will take, it will likely be similar to what these forecasts are showing. The storm is expected to turn east and could potentially enter North Carolina as a tropical depression. Wind and rain are the effects that could trouble North Carolinians.

Currently, Nate is bringing tropical storm force rain and winds to Nicaragua, Honduras, Costa Rica, and the eastern coast of Mexico and has already caused much flooding and more than 400,000 people are without power. The excessive rain and winds have caused landslides and 22 people have already died in Latin America. Nate could be a hurricane when it hits the southern coast of the United States. After Hurricane Harvey hit Texas and Hurricane Irma hit Florida, New Orleans has not hesitated – they have already declared a state of emergency. No one is entirely sure what may happen as a result of this hurricane, but all one can do is hope that this storm won’t be as devastating as some predecessors as America prepares for another storm.

The images associated with this article were sourced from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration – National Hurricane Center.

• Tropical Storm Nate

Top Google Searches of 2017

• Tropical Storm Nate

Net Neutrality: What is it and How Does it Affect You?

• Tropical Storm Nate

GHHS Running Trail Construction

• Tropical Storm Nate

One Nation Under Doug

• Tropical Storm Nate

Saudi Arabia Lifts Ban on Movie Theaters

Tropical Storm Nate