Tennis Dominates…..Again

Bradley Stewart, Sports Writer

It appears that the Green Hope women’s tennis team has a chip on the shoulders after last year’s devastating loss in the State Championship.  Despite having no seniors on the roster, the girls look like an experienced team, as they haven’t lost a set the entire season.  That streak continued last night, while the Falcons lost only 7 of the 103 games over all the matches. The girls had yet another dominating 9-0 win, this time over Jordan. The win improved their record to 5-0 on the season and 3-0 in conference play.  

Katie Andreini won 6-0, 6-0 against Jordan’s top player as she continued her dominance on the court.  Sophia Gray,  Cynthia Xiao, Rhindha Sudhini, and Reilly Major also won their matches 6-0, 6-0 in matches that were never in doubt.  Anna Rico was able to fend off an early challenge by Abby Furman in route to an easy 6-3, 6-0 victory.  The doubles teams also manhandled Jordan, winning the three matches by a total score of 24-4.

Entering this week, Green Hope had only played three matches, but they are currently undefeated on the backend of a strenuous three games in four days stretch.  The Falcons end this lengthy run with a match against Athens Drive today at 3:30.  Green Hope has shown utter dominance without a senior on the team, exemplifying the talent they possess.  With that talent and the experience they’ve gained from last year’s run in the state playoffs, Green Hope could easily return to the State Championship again, but first, they must focus on tomorrow’s match against Athens.

Tennis Dominates…..Again