Announcements: 9/11

Red Cross: Come out to the Red Cross Interest meeting on Thursday 9/14 in room 200. We will be giving information about our first blood drive on October 5th and what our club is about!

Youth and Government: The interest meeting for the Youth and Government Club will take place on September 18th during the first half of lunch in Mod 2 Room 6.

Green Hope Human Rights: Come out to Green Hope Human Rights interest meeting on Friday 9/15 in room 3320, first half! We will be kicking off the new year with food and our plans for the upcoming school year. See you all there!

Art Club: The Art Club interest meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 12 in Room 302 (Ms. Prichard’s room). The meeting will take place after school from 2:30 to 3:30. There will be snacks, so bring your friends!

Odyssey of the Mind: Odyssey of the Mind will be holding an interest meeting on Tuesday, September 12th, during the second half of lunch in Mod 2 Room 3. We’ll be going over basic information about Odyssey of the Mind and the formation of teams for this year. All new members are welcome!

Unified Champion Schools: Unified Champion Schools is a club that strives to bring students with and without disabilities together. We are looking for people who would like to play sports, do crafts, and play games with students that have disabilities. We will have our first club meeting Friday September 15th the 1st half of lunch in room 208 to plan activities for the semester. For more information about the club you can visit http://www.specialolympics.org/unified-champion-schools/

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society: Do you want to make a significant impact in the blood cancer world? Do you want gain an inspiring experience that you would remember for the rest of your life? Do you want to be recognized as a leader and a hero in your community? You can have the opportunity to experience and participate in such a program like I have. I, Pauline Etchi, 2017 Triangle Student of the Year Nominee and Community Involvement Winner, encourage you to compete with other students all over North Carolina to gain the title of Student of the Year, make a great positive imprint in blood cancer research, and continue the Green Hope High legacy after me in the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society! For more information (with direct contact), email me at pauline.etchi@gmail.com! Thank you!

Career Development: Juniors who are interested in enhancing their leadership skills should consider applying for Youth Leadership Cary. This leadership training experience is hosted by the Cary Chamber of Commerce. Students must apply for one of the eight slots. Please see this link for more information and to apply: https://tinyurl.com/GHHSYLC2017. The deadline to apply is 09/22. Students need teacher recommendations, so start early!

Interested in a career in Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering? Check out the ACE Mentor Program, a free national program for high school students (9-12). Students meet with professionals in the fields above to work on hands-on on projects! http://www.acerdu.org/enroll/ Applications open August 28th – register early, slots fill up! Interest meeting 09/07/17 6:00 PM at Daniels Middle School

The ASVAB test (military entrance exam) will be given at GHHS on 10/18/17. This free test is like an SAT test, but is used in the application process to join the Military. 10th – 12th graders may take the test. Taking the test does not obligate you to join the military. Sign up in Student Services from 09/11/17 to 10/06/17

Attention Freshmen: Would you like to attend an all day field trip at NCSU in which you learn more about leadership, networking and careers? If so, apply for the Great Xplorations field trip. You must be taking a CTE class to qualify for this field trip which will take place on 11/06/17. Applications are due by 09/29/17. See Ms. Barone in room 2203 for an application!

Anime Club: Hello fellow weeaboos!! Do like anime? Then come join the anime club! The interest meeting is September 15th during both halves of lunch in Mod 2 Room 3!

GH Young Women in Bio: GH Young Women in Bio strives to provide opportunities for young women to discover and develop their knowledge of STEM through events, speakers, and trips that give insight into everyday careers of STEM professionals. Our interest meeting is Monday, September 11th during 2nd half of lunch in room 318. If you would like more information or would like to join, please come to our interest meeting! If you cannot make it to our interest meeting, please contact Aryani Pallerla (President) at vball718@gmail.com

PSAT: The PSAT/NMSQT test will be administered on Wednesday, October 11th to ALL STUDENTS THAT HAVE REGISTERED (see GHHS website for registration info) On test day, students will need to bring: – A valid school or government-issued photo ID – Two #2 pencils with soft erasers (NOT mechanical pencils) – An acceptable calculator (see College Board requirements: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/taking-the-tests/test-day-checklist/approved-calculators For more information about the PSAT/NMSQT: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/psat-nmsqt-psat-10/inside-the-test

French Club: Bonjour, tout le monde! French club is open to all grades, and you do not have to speak French to join. Our first meeting will be during the 1st half of lunch on Monday, September 19th. We’ll be discussing the year’s plans with some French music and (free) food. This is a completely non-judgemental space, so anyone interested in learning French, or about Francophone culture, is welcome to come. Si vous le parlez bien, c’est formidable; il y a des autres qui peuvent le faire aussi!

PSAT Registration: 2017 PSAT Registration:  PSAT registration will begin on Monday, September 11th and continue through Friday, September 22nd.  The registration fee of $16 will be covered by WCPSS for any 11th grader with a 4.2667 GPA or higher. Registration forms and payment will be accepted before school and during SMART Lunch. The PSAT will be administered on Wednesday, October 11th. Please see the GHHS website for more information about registration and payment.

Science Olympiad: The Science Olympiad Interest Meeting will be held on September 11, 2017 – During Lunch – Room 2326. This interest meeting is mandatory if you are to join and compete this year. Information about tryouts will be available at the interest meeting.

DECA: The DECA interest meeting will be held on Thursday, September 7 and Tuesday, September 12 in the Auditorium. The meeting will be during first half of lunch.

Environmental Club: Come to Environmental Club meetings every Thursday from 2:30-3:15 in room 316! Everyone can attend. You can receive APES hours for attending meetings.

Tutoring Club: Anyone who wants to be tutored or be a tutor can sign up at https://sites.google.com/site/ghtutoringclub/

Food Ark: Want to help fight food insecurity? Attend the Green HOpe Food Ark interest meeting Wednesday, September 13 1st half of lunch in room 3214.

Senior Conferences (September 5th to 12th): This is the opportunity for all seniors to have a one-on-one conversation (15 minutes since there are over 700 this year) with their counselor about graduation requirements, post-secondary plans and application processes.  Students are signing up on Sign-Up Genius for their appointment.

Senior Portraits:  If you were not present for senior portraits in July, Strawbridge Studios will offer some “Studio” hours for students who wish to have portraits made on the various backgrounds.  Customer Service (866) 624-6229 will be handling all of those appointments.  Make-ups for basic cap/gown will be at the school, date TBD.

Media Center: YA author Scott Reintgen will visit Green Hope on Wednesday, September 13 during 4th period in the auditorium to promote his debut sci-fi novel Nyxia. Pre-order the book in the media center and get a signed copy during the talk. All students are invited.

If your club or organization has any information or announcements they would like posted on the Falcon News Feed, be sure to click the link below!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdcmiyt8dEZP5Jjs3rWDOpbtHZ1r9LOcMS5AXXGhVy_gkiG0Q/viewfo

• Announcements: 9/11

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 11/17

• Announcements: 9/11

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 11/16

• Announcements: 9/11

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 11/15

• Announcements: 9/11

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 11/14

• Announcements: 9/11

DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS

Announcements 11/13

Announcements: 9/11