Tennis Serves Up A Victory

Green Hope Women's Tennis

Green Hope Women's Tennis

Peyton Barish, Sports Editor

The Green Hope tennis team moved to 3-0 this season with a dominating victory over Millbrook on September 5th.  The girls did not drop a single set to the Wildcats and made it clear that this is a team that can compete for a state championship this season.  Millbrook did not take more than 4 games in a set against the girls, and most of the matches were extremely one-sided, with the match never being in doubt.

This team of girls is extremely young but just as experienced as many other teams in the state due to all of the returning players having played big matches in the playoffs the previous two years.  The team is led by juniors Cynthia Xiao and Sophia Gray who have been members of the team since their freshman year. They both won their matches in straight sets with Gray giving up only one game.  Gray and the rest of the team are “planning on winning states this year,” but will face tough competition from Highway 55 rival Panther Creek.  Gray sees the team’s youth as an advantage due to their closeness in age which brings the team closer together. While Millbrook did not pose much of a threat, as Gray says, “compared to other teams, they are pretty good.”  The team also had contributions from sophomores Anna Rico, Reilly Major, and Alka Tomar, as well as freshman Rhindha Sudhini.

The team will look to continue their undefeated streak against Athens Drive on September 6th which will be their second match against an in-conference foe.  

• Tennis Serves Up A Victory

Men's Soccer

Class of 2018 Commit: Camden Holbrook

• Tennis Serves Up A Victory

FOOTBALL

Falcons Playoff Preview: Leesville Road

• Tennis Serves Up A Victory

FOOTBALL

GH vs. PC Preview

• Tennis Serves Up A Victory

SPORTS

Crusaders No Match for Fighting Falcons

• Tennis Serves Up A Victory

Falcons Fly into States

Tennis Serves Up A Victory