Geonna Smith

Geonna Smith

The Inkblot Spring 2017, Issue 3: Mirrors

The Inkblot Spring 2017. The topic for issue 3 was mirrors and the Creative Writing II students composed all of their pieces around this. The Editorial Board for this issue was Geonna Smith, Peter Redmond, Michelle Court, Isabella Morse, and David Wu. Together they worked to ensure the quality of the issue and each production. Here are some comments from the members of the Board.

I hope that this issue will bring a reflective feel to it. Emotionally and physically. Everyone has brought something different to the table, which really increases our selection. Writers have brought dramatic pieces, horror pieces, psychological pieces, etc. The whole 9 yards to bring a diverse set of auras to the class. -Geonna Smith

This issue will be difficult. I want to embody mirrors in both a creepy and a non-creepy way. I feel like the pieces which we picked to be produced do a good job of expressing some of the feelings and emotions associated with mirrors. To be honest, I wasn’t really much of a fan of this topic when we picked it but I like it a little bit more now than I originally did. -Peter Redmond

My hope for this issue would be for the variety of subjects to be focused on mirrors. I would like to have a great variation of “Mirrors” and how they can be interpreted in anyway. The goal of these pieces could be light hearted, intellectual, or even emotional. -Michelle Court

My hope at the start of the issue was that the topic of “Mirrors” would allow writers explore the idea of reflection in many levels of depth. The variety of genres and themes that resulted exceeded expectations, and central topic is elegantly evident throughout all writers’ works. -Isabella Morse

The theme of “Mirrors” is one that appears to be pretty linear at first, but after taking a deeper look, there are many layers to this theme. I hoped that writers would get creative with the theme and give mirrors justice in their pieces, and expectations were exceeded. I am sure you will enjoy reading this issue as much as I did. -David Wu

Kool Kats
Last August

An Image Surpassed

An Image Surpassed Why is it that that the first thing we see when we look into the mirror are imperfections? Perhaps it’s the perpetual state of routine as we look at the same image day in and day out. We stigmatize this mirrored self into a skewed perception of beauty. Or, maybe it’s this undermining urge to be perfect. The human being strives to be ideal. We are drawn to perfection just as...

Who’s the Fairest of Them All
It All Started With That One Mirror

The Falcon News Feed • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in