Soccer Goes Undefeated

GH Soccer

GH Soccer

Abbie Daltorio, Sports Editor

Last night the women’s varsity soccer team defeated Apex 2-0 to finish the regular season undefeated.  The girls went 20-0 this season and will be a #1 seed heading into playoffs.  Even with three starters out of the game, the Falcons were able to come out with the win.

Junior Anna Bevan scored the first goal of the game off of a shot attempt by Summer Hanks in the tenth minute.  The Cougars had many times to reply to Bevan’s goal throughout the game, but Apex missed every attempt.  Going into the second half the Falcons led by one, and were hopeful to increase their lead.  In the 75th minute, junior Kacie Mollin hit one in the net to make the score 2-0.  

The Falcons have outscored their opponents 82-12 this season and have won the past seven games in shutouts.  This is the first time since 2013 that the Lady Falcons have gone undefeated.  The girls won States in 2013 and are hoping to repeat the victory in 2017.  Nicole Colberg commented on the team’s perfect season, “It feels good to know that our hard work all season as paid off.  We’re excited and hopeful to continue our undefeated streak in playoffs.  I’m very thankful for our fans (specifically Will Hoffmann).”  The first round of playoffs will be on Wednesday, May 10.  The girls are hoping to go 6-0 in the postseason to get a ring like the boy’s team did in the fall.  Good luck in playoffs!

• Soccer Goes Undefeated

ARE YOU READY TO DELVE INTO THE DUNGEON?

• Soccer Goes Undefeated

Top Google Searches of 2017

• Soccer Goes Undefeated

Fashion

Fashion Friday: Ms. Bradshaw

• Soccer Goes Undefeated

Fashion

Fashion Friday: Justin Ho

• Soccer Goes Undefeated

Real or Fake Trees

Soccer Goes Undefeated