Falcons Get Jiggy with the Jags

GH Soccer

GH Soccer

Will Hoffmann, Staff Writer

The Green Hope women’s varsity soccer added another win to their overall record leading them first in conference at 19-0. The Lady Falcons are now fourth in the state and twelfth in the nation. The first goal occurred at 20’ when Audrey Prevost scored off a corner kick! At 29’ the ball was bobbling around in the box and Kacie Mollin tapped it in. At 33’ Green Hope took a free kick that hit cross bar and bounced out. Green Hope led 2-0 into the start of the second half, and were determined to score more goals. Multiple chances, but unfortunately nothing found the back of the net. The game ended 2-0, but even through a red card and a dislocated shoulder, the Green Hope women’s varsity team battled all the way to the end.

The next game for the Falcons will be tomorrow at Apex.  Last time the Falcons played against the Cougars, Green Hope won 3-1.  The Falcons hope to go 20-0 tomorrow to finish the regular season with a perfect record.

I’m here with Audrey Prevost, who scored the first goal off a corner kick, and almost another off a second corner kick.

So have you been assigned Green Hope’s new designated corner kick-taker? If so, how does it feel?

Not officially, but Grace and I alternate on who takes them depending on which side the ball is on. I take corner kicks on right side because I’m left-footed, the ball swings in. Grace takes them on left side because she’s right footed, the ball swings in.

What went through your mind after you score that first goal?
I wasn’t trying to score, I was just trying to play a ball into the box, so when I scored I was more shocked than excited. That was my second goal this season, but hopefully I’ll get another!