Baseball Strikes Out Imps on Senior Night

GH Baseball

GH Baseball

Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

The Green Hope baseball team defeated Cary this past Friday on senior night.  Seniors include Thomas Quinn, Sean McQuillan, Jordan Montgomery, Austen Jones, Connor Barrett, and Cooper Derks.  The 10-3 win was a memorable way to go out for this class of seniors, who are hoping to make another postseason run this year.  With the win, the team improved to 13-7 and is making a push for second place in the SWAC.

Green Hope played an all around game, using both an offensive explosion and a defensive shutdown to beat the Imps.  Senior Austen Jones had a game to remember, going 2 for 3 at the plate and bringing in three RBIs in his last home regular season game as a Falcon. Junior Jordyn Adams also had a big game.  Adams scored twice to go with his two RBIs and also stole three bases.  Senior Jordan Montgomery went 2-3 and had an RBI.  Montgomery also came in to pitch in his final home game and retired the side without allowing a run.  Sophomore Kohl Abrams pitched three innings, giving up only three hits, striking out five and earning the win.  Liam Norris also pitched three innings and struck out five.  

There are still four baseball games left in the regular season, but they are all on the road.  If they win their next two games, Green Hope will be in second place in the SWAC.  So, make the trek to Middle Creek on Tuesday and travel to Apex on Wednesday to help the guys finish the season strong!  

• Baseball Strikes Out Imps on Senior Night

Baseball

Class of 2018 Commit: Connor Knapp

• Baseball

Falcons>Eagles

Baseball

Baseball Blows Past Bengals in Blustery Conditions

Baseball

Weekly Sports

Baseball

Baseball Bounces Back