Soccer Makes Imps Beg for Mercy

Will Hoffmann

Will Hoffmann, Sports Writer

The night began with a recognition of the seniors of the Green Hope women’s varsity soccer team. Senior Falcons include Audrey Prevost, Bailey Petersen, Summer Hanks, Lilly Dunn, Taylor Cammarata, Nicole Colberg, Audrey Cooke, and Haley Dellinger. Cooke commented on senior night, “It was sad because the seniors realized that the season and soccer overall is coming to an end.  We’re sad but at the same time happy because we get to look back on a great final season and we are looking forward to finishing it out.”

The Lady Falcons took the pitch and in just 33 seconds, Taylor Cammarata assisted Grace Wagner. This was just the beginning of Green Hope’s domination against the Cary Imps. At the 10’, the Green Hope Falcons received a corner kick. Grace Wagner, the designated corner take, stepped up and blopped one into the box to Audrey Prevost, who scored right off the nogg. At the 22’, Catherine Holbrook assisted Grace Wagner for Wagner’s second goal of the game. In the 30’, minute Kacie Mollin scored. In the 33’, minute Catherine Holbrook had a 1v1 with the goalie and finessed it past the keeper. Again, in the 38’, Kacie Mollin scored her second goal. The first half ended 6-0.

After the groundbreaking halftime rip sesh, the Lady Falcons took the field to end the Imps career and send them home early. 8 minutes into the second half, Grace Wagner scores her third goal to achieve her a hat trick. Not a minute later, Emily Lawson scored. Finally, in the 64’, Noor Hakam scored Green Hope’s final goal to end the game 9-0 and mercy rule Imps. It was a great senior night and victory for the Lady Falcons.

The team moves to 17-0 and holds first in the SWAC. On Monday the Falcons will travel to Middle Creek to take on the Mustangs.

• Soccer Makes Imps Beg for Mercy

ARE YOU READY TO DELVE INTO THE DUNGEON?

• Soccer Makes Imps Beg for Mercy

Top Google Searches of 2017

• Soccer Makes Imps Beg for Mercy

Fashion

Fashion Friday: Ms. Bradshaw

• Soccer Makes Imps Beg for Mercy

Fashion

Fashion Friday: Justin Ho

• Soccer Makes Imps Beg for Mercy

Real or Fake Trees

Soccer Makes Imps Beg for Mercy