Panther Creek’s Postal Problems

Abbie Daltorio, Sports Editor

The ACC Barnstorming Tour is an annual event.  It’s a tour in which ACC seniors travel to high schools to talk to and play against local senior basketball players. There’s even a dunk and three point contest.  In addition to ACC basketball seniors, other famous basketball players attend the event as well.

Past ACC participants have included Michael Jordan,  Len Bias, Dereck Whittenburg, and Tyler Hansbrough, amongst others. It’s a great event, and part of the proceeds go to the Ronald McDonald House.  Last night Panther Creek hosted this great event and invited senior basketball players from all SWAC schools… except for Cary and Green Hope.  

One can only wonder why the basketball torchbearers of the SWAC weren’t invited.  Cary and Green Hope finished first and second respectively in the SWAC this year, each beating Panther Creek. 

Certainly the Catamounts weren’t so upset about these losses, that they put emotion before charity.

Perhaps the invites got lost in the mail.  It is a long 2.1 miles down 55 from Green Hope to Panther Creek.  Or maybe we weren’t invited because PC lost the Fight for 55 earlier this week. This is cannot be the case, as Panther Creek is much too classy to not invite us to such a charitable event. 

So logically, the only reason for the invitation oversight is the overworked, underpaid U.S. Postal worker who manages the NC 55 mail route. 

The ACC Barnstorming Tour seems like such valuable experience for the seniors as they end their high school basketball careers.  

The Falcons and Imps wish they could have joined the rest of the SWAC in supporting the Ronald McDonald House via this great event, but unfortunately Panther Creek failed to inform their neighbors about this event.

• Panther Creek’s Postal Problems

Fight for 55

Tennis Kicks Off Fight for 55!

• Panther Creek’s Postal Problems

Fight for 55

Panther Creek Caught that L

• Panther Creek’s Postal Problems

Fight for 55

Weekly Sports

• Panther Creek’s Postal Problems

Fight for 55

Fight for 55 Preview

• Panther Creek’s Postal Problems

Baseball

Falcons Finish Fight for 55

Panther Creek’s Postal Problems