Baseball Blows Past Bengals in Blustery Conditions

Green Hope Baseball

GH Baseball

GH Baseball

Bradley Stewart, Sports Writer

Green Hope baseball handled Fuquay-Varina last night to earn a huge win.  The Falcons were able to use a four run second inning to win the game 9-4 in windy conditions.  Fuquay-Varina was first in the News and Observer Top 25 and in the SWAC.  The Bengals have two losses on the season, both coming at the hands of Green Hope.  Green Hope’s wins improves their record to 10-5 on the season and 7-4 in conference play, as well give them the tiebreaker over Fuquay-Varina.  

On Tuesday, the Falcons won with defense, but last night offense was the story line.  Senior first baseman Austen Jones stepped up at the plate, going 2-4 and brought in 5 RBI.  Jones told us, “We knew this one we had to get so we came out and in the words of John Daly, ‘Hit it hard, hit it long.”  Junior star Jordyn Adams went 2-4 at the plate and hit a home run.  Adams also scored three of Green Hope’s nine runs.

Jordan Montgomery earned the start for Falcons and pitched 4 ⅓ innings of solid work.  He was able to strike out six batters and only allowed two hits and three earned runs.  Sophomore Kohl Abrams came in for relief and went 2 ⅔ innings without giving up a run to close the game for Green Hope.  Junior Blake Watson added, “It was very good.  We really came together.  We really meshed well.  It was a great… no no, it was a phenomenal team win.”

The big win sets Green Hope up for a game Saturday on the coast against non-conference foe Cape Hatteras. The Hurricanes currently sit at 6-7 on the season.  Green Hope baseball is heating up at the right time as they try to make a late-season push.  After their game tomorrow at noon, the next game for the Falcons is at Enloe, the Monday after spring break.   

• Baseball Blows Past Bengals in Blustery Conditions

Baseball

Class of 2018 Commit: Connor Knapp

Baseball

Baseball Strikes Out Imps on Senior Night

• Baseball

Falcons>Eagles

Baseball

Weekly Sports

Baseball

Baseball Bounces Back