Soccer Cages Bengals

GH Soccer

GH Soccer

Green Hope women’s soccer took the pitch in the pouring rain yesterday. With makeup running and hair frizzy, nothing was going to stop the Falcons as they took on the Fuquay-Varina Bengals. The first half ended 0-0 but there were multiple chances from both sides of the field. At half, the rain began to come down harder, but the Lady Falcons were determined. Ten minutes into the second half the Bengals had a hand-ball in the box; Green Hope’s designated penalty kick taker, Grace Wagner stepped up to take the shot. The ref blew the whistle and Wagner got it in, taking the Lady Falcons 1-0 on the Bengals. But that’s not all, not even a minute later Kacie Mullens stole the ball from Fuquay and then through a series of passes, Catherine “the Spark” Holbrook received the ball. As she struck it, lightning flashed across the sky. With such power behind the shot, when the ball hit the back of the net thunder shook the Green Hope stadium. The ref blew the whistle, and the game was delayed. After nearly an hour, the game was called, Green Hope 2-0 over Fuquay, bringing the Lady Falcons to 15-0. The Falcons are on a break until they take on Panther Creek on April 22.

Interview with Catherine Holbrook:

Why do they call you the Spark?

Somebody in the booth said “she’s spark on team” and Davis Linscott (the announcer) announced it when she was substituting in.

What was going through your head as you took the shot for the second goal?

Don’t miss! and make sure I place the ball correctly.

You guys are undefeated heading into spring break, what are you/the team doing to stay in peak performance?

Coach Stacy Lamb (great lady if you haven’t met her) will be sending the team workouts and there are optional practices for people in town.

• Soccer Cages Bengals

Men's Basketball

Basketball Sweeps the Tri-6

• STUDENT LIFE

Teacher Feature: Mr. Rice

• Soccer Cages Bengals

Men's Basketball

Basketball Headed to Conference Championship

• Soccer Cages Bengals

Cary Tennis Park Bridges Closed Monday

• Soccer Cages Bengals

SPORTS

Spring Sports Bold Predictions

Soccer Cages Bengals