Men’s Golf Stays Golden

Griffin Burke, Staff Writer

On Monday, the men’s golf team won yet another match at Bentwinds.  With a total team score of 158 beating rival PC by seven strokes.  Junior Jack Massei who shot the low round said “We played solid.  We were 4 over as a team in the pouring rain.  The whole team is excited about the rest of the season.  We have a couple more conference matches and then we get into the postseason.  We’ve shown that if we play well we can be one of the top teams in the state.”  Check out the team scores below.

Jack Massei- 35*

Michael Coe- 36*

Chris Kim- 38*

Seve Anfindsen- 39*

Brian Chen- 40

Alex Huml- 42

Total Team Score- 158

*- indicates scores taken for Total Team Score

Golf had had another first place finish at 12 Oaks Golf Club with a total team score of 156, but unfortunately it was a tie with rival Panther Creek.  Senior Captain Seve Anfindsen commented “This was a difficult course and we didn’t play well.  37 was the medalist.  We need to work harder to win every match for the rest of the season, that includes invitationals, regionals, and States.  We lead by 4 points so we are still in a good place but we must keep playing well and we can’t have another match like this.”  Not their best day but still able to tie for first on a bad day is a big accomplishment.  Check out the scores below.

Seve Anfindsen- 38*

Brian Chen- 38*

Jack Massei- 39*

Michael Coe- 41*

Alex Huml- 42

Carter Boulia- 47
Although it wasn’t what the Falcons were looking for, the good thing that they can pull from this is that every player didn’t play their best but they were still tied for first, which shows that they have a lot more talent than any other team in the area.  Look for the Falcons to bounce back in their next couple of matches this week as they have two more remaining on today and Thursday.  We will keep you updated on the results of those matches.  Good luck boys, play hard and make some birdies!

Men’s Golf Stays Golden