Baseball Bounces Back

Bradley Stewart, Sports Writer

The Green Hope baseball team was able to rebound from a devastating 9 inning loss on Friday, with a 11-0 win over Apex Friendship last night.  The Falcons played a nearly flawless game to improve their record to 9-5 on the season.  The win puts the baseball team in fourth place in the SWAC.  Green Hope had lost to Apex Friendship in a one-run ballgame earlier in the season, but knocked them off the second time around.  

Connor Knapp, Liam Norris, Austen Jones, Sean McQuillan and Connor Barrett had two RBIs each.  The team registered eleven hits and eleven runs on .435 hitting.  The story of the game, however, the Falcons’ defense.  Liam Norris and Ben Peoples threw a combined one-hitter in five innings.  Green Hope fielders survived the game without an error and the team had a 1.000 fielding percentage.  Norris started and recorded seven strikeouts in 3 innings of work.  The JV Baseball team also won with defense, throwing a combined no-hitter.  

Green Hope’s next game is tomorrow night at 6:00.  The Falcons will host the Fuquay-Varina Bengals.  Fuquay is currently first in the SWAC, with their lone loss coming at the hands of the Falcons.  A win would be huge, so come on out and support your Falcons!

• Baseball Bounces Back

Baseball

Class of 2018 Commit: Connor Knapp

• Baseball Bounces Back

Baseball

Baseball Strikes Out Imps on Senior Night

• Baseball

Falcons>Eagles

• Baseball Bounces Back

Baseball

Baseball Blows Past Bengals in Blustery Conditions

• Baseball Bounces Back

Baseball

Weekly Sports

Baseball Bounces Back