Baseball Bounces Back

Bradley Stewart, Sports Writer

The Green Hope baseball team was able to rebound from a devastating 9 inning loss on Friday, with a 11-0 win over Apex Friendship last night.  The Falcons played a nearly flawless game to improve their record to 9-5 on the season.  The win puts the baseball team in fourth place in the SWAC.  Green Hope had lost to Apex Friendship in a one-run ballgame earlier in the season, but knocked them off the second time around.  

Connor Knapp, Liam Norris, Austen Jones, Sean McQuillan and Connor Barrett had two RBIs each.  The team registered eleven hits and eleven runs on .435 hitting.  The story of the game, however, the Falcons’ defense.  Liam Norris and Ben Peoples threw a combined one-hitter in five innings.  Green Hope fielders survived the game without an error and the team had a 1.000 fielding percentage.  Norris started and recorded seven strikeouts in 3 innings of work.  The JV Baseball team also won with defense, throwing a combined no-hitter.  

Green Hope’s next game is tomorrow night at 6:00.  The Falcons will host the Fuquay-Varina Bengals.  Fuquay is currently first in the SWAC, with their lone loss coming at the hands of the Falcons.  A win would be huge, so come on out and support your Falcons!

About the Contributors
Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire life in the Triangle.  I have an older brother and sister and a twin brother.  On weekends, I enjoy playing sports with my friends, especially basketball.  I enjoy watching and playing basketball, football, and golf.  My favorite sports teams are the Steelers and Duke.