Lacrosse Hushes Hawks

GH Lacrosse

GH Lacrosse

Abbie Daltorio, Sports Editor

Last night the men’s lacrosse team fought hard to inch ahead Holly Springs.  At the end of the first quarter the Falcons trailed the Hawks 3-0.  The Falcons built up their momentum during the second quarter.  Caden Chipps scored the first goal for the Falcons in the beginning of the second quarter.  Devin Halko soon added another goal for the Falcons, followed by Aidan Callahan.  Holly Springs did not make a shot this quarter and the game was tied 3-3 at the half.

In the third quarter the Falcons added two to the scoreboard, but this time the Hawks were able to respond with a goal of their own.  At the end of the third, the Falcons were hanging on to a 5-4 lead.  With about six minutes left in the game, Aidan Callahan added a crafty goal to secure a solid two point lead.  Holly Springs replied with another goal, cutting the lead back down to one.  As time was winding down, the Hawks had possession and were right outside of the net, however they weren’t able to finish.  Time expired as the Falcons were able to reclaim the ball.  The Falcons finished with a 7-6 win over the Hawks.  Callahan led the team with four goals.  Callahan was pleased that the team was able to come out with the win, “We came out slow, but then we got it together and realized what we needed to do and we grinded out a W.  We need to get better each game and keep preparing ourselves for playoffs.”

After last night’s victory, the Falcons move to an 8-1 record overall, and are second to Middle Creek in the SWAC.  The next game for Green Hope will be on Friday as the Falcons host Apex Friendship.

• Lacrosse Hushes Hawks

Men's Lacrosse

Lax Longing for Round 3

• Lacrosse Hushes Hawks

Baseball

Weekly Sports

• Lacrosse Hushes Hawks

Baseball

Falcons Finish Fight for 55

• Lacrosse Hushes Hawks

Baseball

Weekly Sports

• Lacrosse Hushes Hawks

Baseball

Weekly Sports

Lacrosse Hushes Hawks