Baseball Beats Jaguars

GH Baseball

GH Baseball

Bradley Stewart, Sports Writer

The Green Hope baseball team defeated Athens Drive last night by a score of 2-0.  The win improves the team to 8-4 on the season and 5-3 in conference play.  They currently sit in a tie for third place in the SWAC.  

Freshman Liam Norris earned the start on the mound and didn’t disappoint.  The southpaw pitched a shutout in five innings of work and only allowed three hits.  Norris also struck out eleven Jaguar batters.  Jordyn Adams went two for three at the plate and scored one of the game’s two runs.  While on base, Adams stole two bases.  Senior Jordan Montgomery scored the other run on one for two hitting.  Sophomore Kevin Pitarra went one for three with an RBI.  The Falcons accumulated for six hits, but stellar defense limited Athens Drive to bat 4-25.  Kohl Abrams came in for relief and did not allow a hit in his two innings of work.  He also struck out two Athens Drive batters.

Green Hope’s next game is Thursday against second place Holly Springs.  They play at Holly Springs and at 6 PM.  A win would move the Falcons to second in the SWAC, so come out and support.

Bradley Stewart, Staff Writer

Hi, I’m Bradley, a senior sports writer on the Falcon News Feed staff.  This is my second year on the Falcon News Feed team.  I have spent my entire life in the Triangle.  I have an older brother and sister and a twin brother.  On weekends, I enjoy playing sports with my friends, especially basketball.  I enjoy watching and playing basketball, football, and golf.  My favorite sports teams are the Steelers and Duke.