Lacrosse Fights for 55

GH Athletics

GH Athletics

Abbie Daltorio, Sports Editor

The men’s lacrosse team claimed a crucial Fight for 55 last night against the Catamounts.  After a slow start, the Falcons were down 3-1 during the first quarter.  The boys built their momentum and led 8-4 at the half.  After a strong second half, the boys finished with a final score of 16-8.  Caden Chipps and Jack Larkin led the team in scoring, and junior Reilly Kearns contributed one fresh goal.  Senior Derek Walker was very pleased with the team’s comeback, “We started off slow, but the team fought hard and pulled through  to get the victory.”

On defense, Reilly Kearns, Carter Lux and Conor Ryan kept Panther Creek out of the net.  Lux was excited about the Fight for 55 win, “It was nice beating Panther Creek on their own turf and being able to celebrate on their field.  As a senior, it feels great to sweep PC, and I’m excited to play them at home on Super Saturday.  I was also pretty excited because we got to take a picture with the Fight for 55 sign.”  Goalie, Conor Ryan added, “We started fairly slowly, but we turned on the second half and showed that we are a dangerous team.”  

One more Fight for 55 point is needed for the Falcons to claim the title for the second year in a row, and women’s soccer hopes to clinch the title next week.  Men’s lacrosse moves to 6-1 and is second to Middle Creek in the SWAC.  The boys will host Athens Drive tomorrow night.  To conclude, “PC got smacked.  2 E-Z.  We are far superior to Panther Creek in lacrosse and in all other aspects.  Fact.”  Reilly Kearns.