Lax Beats the Peak

GH Lacrosse

GH Lacrosse

Abbie Daltorio, Sports Writer

Last night, the men’s lacrosse team ended a seven year losing streak against Apex.  The Falcons beat the Cougars 11-7.  The Cougars led 3-1 at the end of the first quarter, but the Falcons were able to prevail.  In the third quarter, Senior, Devin Halko, scored a crucial goal to get the Falcons ahead 6-5.  “It was a big team win.  Everyone did their job, and it was a great atmosphere.  Conor Ryan did great in goal and Larkin and Callahan kept putting in goals.  It was a great team win,” said Halko.  Junior, Aidan Callahan added two more goals to get the Falcons ahead 8-5.  Callahan led the team with four goals and one assist.  Carter Lux and Reilly Kearns played tough defense to keep Apex away from the net.  Goalie Conor Ryan had a fantastic game with 15 saves.  Lux was very excited to finally beat Apex, “After playing Apex twice a year for four years, for us seniors this is huge finally getting one over on them.”  This was Apex’s first loss of the season; they move to 4-1 overall.  Last night was the most successful cougar hunt for the Falcons so far this year.

This was the first time since 2010 that the Falcons have beaten Apex in lacrosse.  The team is now 4-0 and ranked second in the SWAC.  Middle Creek leads the conference with a record of 5-0.  Tonight the boys will travel to Cary to face the Imps.  The Imps are 0-4 overall and are tied for last place in the SWAC.

• Lax Beats the Peak

Men's Lacrosse

Lax Longing for Round 3

• Lax Beats the Peak

Baseball

Weekly Sports

• Lax Beats the Peak

Baseball

Falcons Finish Fight for 55

• Lax Beats the Peak

Baseball

Weekly Sports

• Lax Beats the Peak

Men's Lacrosse

Lacrosse Hushes Hawks

Lax Beats the Peak