Falcons Fly in NYC

GH Athletics

GH Athletics

Thomas Quinn, Staff Writer

This past weekend two girls and ten boys from Green Hope ventured into the Big Apple and ran in the indoor track nationals. The weekend was an exciting one for the team as many on the team had never visited New York City. Sightseeing was fun, but their main focus was to win their races.

All the athletes raced phenomenally, and four boys ran fast enough to achieve All-American! The All-Americans included Senior, Will Hoffmann, and Juniors, Matthew Kehn, Ian Delgado, and Finn McBride. The boys achieved this accolade in the event called the DMR. The DMR stands for Distance Medley Relay, which consists of a 1200, 400, 800, and 1600. Their overall time was an incredible 10:15, which was good for fourth at the meet. An awesome achievement for the boys and Green Hope.

Another impressive achievement would by the boys 4×800 race. They ran their ‘B’ team and achieved a time that was second in the state…only to the Green Hope ‘A’ team! Although they may be the ‘B’ team, they would have beaten every other team in our state if they were the competition. The boys who raced were Juniors Daniel Vo, Ares Epps, Ryan Kemper and Sean Petersen. Since they are all juniors they will continue to get better and grow. Next year those boys should be just as good as the ‘A’ team.

Lindsey Eastwood set an impressive Green Hope school record in the 400 at the Indoor Nationals this weekend too. She broke 1:00 with a 59:52 time! Samantha Kolor ran an indoor 5k at the meet and broke her personal record by 12 whole seconds, with a time of 18:25.

It was an awesome weekend for the Green Hope track team at Indoor Nationals in New York City. They plan on carrying that momentum into the outdoor track regular and post season.

• Falcons Fly in NYC

Baseball

Falcons Finish Fight for 55

• Falcons Fly in NYC

Indoor Track

Winter Sports Recap

• Falcons Fly in NYC

Indoor Track

Weekly Sports

• Falcons Fly in NYC

Indoor Track

Green Hope Indoor Track All-Americans

• Falcons Fly in NYC

Indoor Track

Green Hope Track Teams Make History

Falcons Fly in NYC