🔥🎾Undefeated Men’s Tennis Secures Point in Fight for 55

Katie Bradley, Senior Staff Writer

The Green Hope men’s tennis team has been on a roll this season. They are unbeaten with a record of 5-0. The Falcons blanked Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, and Millbrook with final scores of 9-0. The top 6 key players this season are Ben Wayand, Vivek Ramesh, Rohit Ghotkar, Andrei Staicu, Amit Garine, and Jim Dick.

Last night the Falcons put their unbeaten streak on the line in a Fight for 55 match against Panther Creek and emerged victorious, 8-1.

On court 2 for doubles, senior Rohit and freshman Andrei Staicu won 9-7 which gave the Falcons a 3-0 win in overall doubles  and provided the team confidence to going into singles’ matches. Freshman Jim Dick and Freshman Andrei Staicu played their first matches against Panther Creek and raised the stakes.

On court 1 for singles, Senior Ben Wayand won a heated match after a nail-biting tiebreaker.

Coach Rice was very humble after the win refusing to take credit for the success of his team. He noted that even after falling to the Falcons, the Panther Creek team exhibited outstanding sportsmanship and composure. Coach Rice hopes to continue and capitalize on last night’s success and that it translates into an incredible season.

Senior Ruthvik Shashidhar says “I am really honored to be still playing on this competitive team. As a senior, I am striving for that ring. I’m going to do whatever it takes to get it. It’s going to be a fantastic season, I already know it.”