Falcons Fight for SWAC Title

High School OT

Abbie Daltorio, Sports Editor

Last night the men and women’s basketball teams played in the second round of the SWAC Tournament at Apex Friendship.  Both teams came out with the win, and will play in the championship games on Friday which will be held at Apex Friendship.

The girls played Panther Creek, who they were 1-1 against.  After a tough game the Falcons were able to beat the Catamounts 48-47.  Kelly Fitzgerald led the team with 22 points, followed by Rachel Argabright’s 13.  The girls are on a thirteen game winning streak and hope to continue the streak tomorrow against Holly Springs in the championship.  In their previous matchups the Falcons defeated the Hawks both times.  

The boys had a successful cougar hunt and were able to get revenge against Apex in their 58-51 win. During the second quarter Ryan Sikorski suffered an injury, we hope he gets well soon.  The boys played hard in the second half to win the game for Sikorski.  Senior, Will Harkins led the team in points last night.  Tomorrow night the boys play Cary for the SWAC title.  Both matchups against Cary this season have been close, but the Imps have come out on top both times.  The boys hope to get revenge tomorrow and show the Imps who the better green is.

Come out to Apex Friendship tomorrow to watch the Falcons compete for the SWAC championship.  The girls play Holly Springs at 6:00, followed by the men’s game against Cary at 7:30.  Go Falcons!

• Falcons Fight for SWAC Title

Men's Basketball

Men’s Basketball Bounces the Bengals

• Falcons Fight for SWAC Title

Men's Basketball

Men’s Basketball Preview

• Falcons Fight for SWAC Title

Fight for 55

Panther Creek’s Postal Problems

• Falcons Fight for SWAC Title

Baseball

Falcons Finish Fight for 55

• Falcons Fight for SWAC Title

Indoor Track

Winter Sports Recap

Falcons Fight for SWAC Title