Green Hope Volleyball Puts a Ring on it ??

The Squad Brings Home First State Title in School History

November 7, 2016

Green Hope’s Women’s Volleyball team are the NCHSAA 2016 Volleyball State Champions.  On Saturday at Reynolds Coliseum at NC State, the Falcons vanquished the Ronald Reagan Raiders three sets to one to claim Green Hope’s first ever state championship in that sport. The win moved the Falcons to 28-1 and earned Green Hope its 27th state championship overall.  

Although the GH squad started off slowly and fell to the Raiders in the first set, the Falcons dug their talons deep and prevailed all subsequent sets.  

Freshman Sydney Dowler’s strong sets guided her team to victory and earned her MVP honors of the match; Erin Boone won the sportsmanship award. Other standouts on the court were Luisa Lyons, Kayla Dowler, Alexis Engelbrecht, and Erin McIndoe.  The championship win was especially emotional and exciting for the three proud seniors on the team. Chloe Ruffieux commented on the achievement, “This was our last chance to win states, and we did it with the help of our underclassman!  It was a great way to end the season and it’s a memory I’ll always cherish.”  

Coach Redelfs added he was “very proud of the GH volleyball squad for their performance on Saturday.”

This historic win puts this team in the Green Hope record books – a place no volleyball team has never been.  And now all that’s left is, as Beyonce says, “put a ring on it,” a state champs ring that is.

GHHS Volleyball

Team Line-up

The Falcon News Feed • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in