Featured Club: Meditation Club

Anna Foschini, Staff Writer

High school students are always looking for a ways to relieve stress, calm down, and build up the necessary emotional endurance to make it through the day. Now, the Meditation Club at Green Hope offers a place to do just that. They meet in Mr. Richardson’s room (M2R6) during the second half of lunch on Thursdays.

The Meditation Club Co-Founders Giovanna Kast and Caprial Vidal offered these responses about the club.

What gave you the idea to create Meditation Club?

The Meditation Club was created to be a place where people can completely unwind and not have to think about anything, a place where they can put all extra-curricular activities and schoolwork down, a place where you are ultimately forced to just be calm and be in your own head.

With the other clubs, there is always someone talking or not paying attention. You want to be there, but many times you are there because you feel it is necessary for a recommendation, or something. People don’t go to other clubs to benefit themselves. That is what Meditation Club is solely for, the self.

In one sentence, describe the ultimate purpose of Meditation Club.

Meditation Club is offers students a place to de-stress and learn more about themselves than they can in the craziness they are surrounded by everyday at school.

As you can see from these simple questions, Meditation Club is truly here to benefit the whole student body and mind, not just pad a resume, or raise a GPA.

If you want to learn how to calm down in the midst of the storm of high school, come to Meditation Club and find out who you really are.

• Featured Club: Meditation Club

Club News

Being Transgender at Green Hope

• Club News

Club Spotlight: Environmental Club

• Club News

Club Spotlight: FTA

• Club News

Club Spotlight: NTHS

• Featured Club: Meditation Club

Club News

Club Spotlight: Tutoring Club

Featured Club: Meditation Club