Men’s and Women’s Lacrosse Fall in State Tournaments

The women’s lacrosse team lost 22-8 in the second round of the NCHSAA playoffs on Friday night at Wilmington-Ashley HS. With the loss, the Falcons finish the 2015-16 season with an overall record of 9-6, and an in-conference record of 6-4, good enough to place third overall in the SWAC.

Along with finishing third in the conference, the women’s lacrosse team also claimed two crucial points for the “Fight for 55” title as they defeated rival Panther Creek twice this season. The second win over PC came on the road on Super Saturday as Green Hope cruised to an impressive victory with a score of 17-10.

Looking ahead to next year, the Falcons will graduate four seniors from this year’s roster in  Maddie McKinley, Allie Winiecki, Lily Spence, and Maggie Melton. However, Green Hope will still return key contributors junior Rachel Argabright and Sophomore Alicia Brunetti. Brunetti led the team in goals and points this season.

The Falcons will look to build on their impressive third place finish in the conference and bring home a SWAC championship next year.

The Men’s Lacrosse season ended last Friday in the first round of the playoffs against Cardinal Gibbons.  Due to rain delays, the lacrosse game turned to a late night affair that didn’t start until 8:45. The Crusaders led the entire game and came out with a 12-6 win.

The Falcons end their impressive season with an overall record of 13-5 and a conference record of 10-3. Aidan Callahan led the team with 55 goals over the season followed by Nolan Paussa with 44 and Dana Kelly with 40. Callahan also gained the most assists with 20 trailed by Nolan Paussa and Tucker Burkinshaw, both with 15.

When asked about the conclusion of the season senior Dana Kelly responded, “It was a great season with my brothers and it was awesome to have one last run with the team.”