Green Hope Indoor Track All-Americans

Pehr Family

Pehr Family

Allie Winiecki, Staff Writer

This past weekend multiple members of the Green Hope indoor track team traveled to New York City to compete in the New Balance Nationals. Athletes from across the country went to compete in the final meet of the indoor track season. In order to qualify for Nationals, each runner had to have qualified at his or her state track meet in February.

Green Hope started the weekend off with the girls Emerging Elite 4x800m event in which runners Emily Jordan, Katie Tomasi, Lindsey Eastwood, and Allison Williams placed 10th overall and ran their fastest time of the year. That same night, Natalie Richards, Emily Jordan, Lindsey Eastwood, and Allison Williams broke the school record while competing in the Emerging Elite 4x400m.

The boys representing Green Hope also had a great weekend in NYC. In the Emerging Elite 800m, Jayquan Williams and Henry Pehr placed first and second respectively. Williams beat his personal record by 2 seconds in the 800m and set a new Emerging Elite record with a time of 1:52. The weekend ended with the boys sprint medley relay ran by Blake Watson, Will Hoffman, Jayquan Williams, and Henry Pehr. The team of four impressively placed 5th in the event  with a time of 3:30.93 and broke the standing school record set last year by the team of Pehr, Hoffman, Austin Jackson, and Kwabena Sarpong.

The 5th place finish also solidified All-American status for the four runners. When asked about the meet, senior Henry Pehr responded, “It was an exhausting weekend, but we pulled through and raced hard. I couldn’t think of a better way to end my high school indoor track career.”

• Green Hope Indoor Track All-Americans

Baseball

Falcons Finish Fight for 55

• Green Hope Indoor Track All-Americans

Indoor Track

Falcons Fly in NYC

• Green Hope Indoor Track All-Americans

Indoor Track

Winter Sports Recap

• Green Hope Indoor Track All-Americans

Indoor Track

Weekly Sports

• Green Hope Indoor Track All-Americans

Indoor Track

Green Hope Track Teams Make History

Green Hope Indoor Track All-Americans