You Should Know No

Ben Needham, Staff Writer

Recently, new music has been climbing the charts as well as pop radio, and one of the most newly released singles is from Meghan Trainor who won her first Grammy for best new artist earlier this year. The track, “No,”  was released this month and quickly rose from number 10 to number two on the charts in basically one day. The song delivers a highly catchy tune that is impossible not to dance to when it comes on the radio. Trainor’s sassy lyrics shout out to the young female generation as she says, “My name is no, my sign is no, my number is no, you need to let it go.”

Reviews of the track have thus far described the song as fiery…catchy…sassy, and a few other descriptors that will remain unmentioned here. It is predicted that this latest tune could potentially be her biggest hit yet, as it remains in the top 5 on iTunes. “No” may even surpass her previous radio anthems “All About That Bass” and “Lips Are Moving” over time. This lead single is from Thank You, the follow up to Title, her debut album..

Trainor plans to embark on a 2016 tour to make up for last year’s cancelled “MTrain” tour; the concert series was sidelined due to the artist’s need for vocal rest. It is uncertain how many music-lovers will purchase tickets this year, as Trainor’s show may not be one of the top destinations during 2016–she competes with Beyonce and Bieber, but she will most likely draw a bigger crowd than last tour.

With her new brunette look replacing her bubble gum blonde, her latest iteration of music really brings out her inner rebel. Her cover art for the single showcases a donning diva look that dismissively says, “I’m over you.”  Her unique boppy style and catchy 50s groove may be why her songs gain so much attention.

Thank You will be released on May 13th.

• You Should Know <i>No</i>

Music

Are You Ready for It? Taylor Swift’s Reputation to be Released at Midnight

• You Should Know <i>No</i>

Food

Spooky Treats!

• You Should Know <i>No</i>

Food

Apple Pie Bites

• You Should Know <i>No</i>

Fall Shows Cause Excitement All Over Green Hope

• You Should Know <i>No</i>

Behind the Scenes of The Great Gatsby with Maya Schroder

You Should Know No