Men’s and Women’s Swimming Fall to Apex in SWAC Championship

February 1, 2016

This past Saturday the Green Hope boys and girls swim teams competed in the SWAC conference meet taking place at the Triangle Aquatic Center. Both teams had a second place finish but still beat Panther Creek putting Green Hope up 11-8 in the Fight for 55.

The girls finished second to Apex High School with 610 points. Individual winners include Rebecca Ssengonzi in the 100 butterfly with a time of 58.60. Senior Brooke Rubendall placed first in the 200 free with a time of 1:51.89 . Senior Jenny Nusbaum won the 50 freestyle with a time of 24.49. Junior Kate Moore pulled out a win in the 100 backstroke with a time of 58.09.

The boys finished second place finish to Apex as well, trailing by only four points. Green Hope finished with a score of 612 points and Apex finished with a score of 616 points. The boys finished second in the 200 medley relay, third in the 200 freestyle relay, and fourth in the 400 freestyle relay. Henry Hollinshead placed second in the 200 individual medley and freshman Michael Ivy finished second in the 50 freestyle and third place in the 100 freestyle. John Healy placed second in the 100 backstroke and third in the 100 butterfly. Connor Dalbo placed second in the 100 breaststroke with Jethro Ssengonzi finishing third in the 100 breaststroke.

Green Hope will compete in regionals February 6, followed by states on February 11. Both meets will take place at Triangle Aquatic Center.

The Falcon News Feed • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in