Men’s and Women’s Swimming Win in Tight Dual Meet

January 8, 2016

Last night both the Green Hope girls and boys swim teams competed at their fourth meet of the season at Triangle Aquatic Center.

The Green Hope girls swim team pulled out a tough win last against Leesville Road High School, Panther Creek, and Millbrook High School. The girls finished with a score of 168 points with Leesville trailing by 12 points. The girls won 8 of the 11 events including the 200 medley relay and the 400 freestyle relay. Individual winners include Sam Medlin in the 200 freestyle and the 400 freestyle. Kate Moore won both the 200 individual medley and the 100 backstroke.

The Green Hope boys swim team also came out with a big win last night against Leesville Road High School, Panther Creek, and Millbrook High School. The boys finished with a score of 172 points with Millbrook following with a score of 140 points. The boys won 5 out of the 11 events including the 200 medley relay and the 200 freestyle relay. Individual winners include Henry Hollinshead in the 200 individual medley, John Healy in the 100 butterfly, and Connor Dalbo in the 100 breaststroke.

The Green Hope swim team will compete in their last regular season meet on January 25 at the Triangle Aquatic Center. They will be competing against Athens High School, Apex Friendship High School, and Enloe High School.

The Falcon News Feed • Copyright 2017 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in